eight

Draco

"Am I interrupting something?"Pansy spoke quietly as she emerged from the shadows of the dark common room, I looked over to her and she stalked over towards me, sitting down next to me and placing her hand on my leg. I clenched my jaw as I looked back over to Olivia who was already on her feet gathering her Books.
I felt somewhat angry, she didn't give me the attention all the other girls did and it infuriated me. "What did she want?"Pansy whispered to me once Olivia had completely disappeared, I looked to her and rolled my eyes, shoving her hand off of my leg as I replied, "She was asleep,on the couch. And I was studying."

"Asleep? You let her sleep?"She scoffed, almost offended, this girl never shuts up does she? She's obsessed with me.

"Why would I wake her?"I asked sharply, glaring at her as she held my tie in her hand, pulling my face closer to hers.

"Because you hate her."She whispered, our lips just inches away from touching, so close I could smell the spearmint from the gum that never left her mouth.
I bit my inner cheek and glared at her, I didn't hate Olivia, not like I hated Pansy anyway.
"So? I hate a lot of people."I said coldly, pulling away from her as she leant in for a kiss. I coughed and fixed my tie as I shifted further down the couch away from her.

"Yeah, especially Mudbloods like her."She spat, knowing something was up as I avoided eye contact with her.
"Goodnight, Parkinson."I exhaled tiredly, pushing myself up from the couch and moving round the table, her practically chasing me.

"What's wrong with you?"She asked, catching my arm as I reached the stairs.

"I'm tired?"I muttered, looking back to her and yanking my arm away from her.
She stepped back and glared at me, whispering "Goodnight then."

I sighed and carried on up the stairs, did she not get the hint that I didn't like her? The stupid prat.

~*~
Olivia

The day had finally came, the first task. The atmosphere was like no other as all the students from the three schools pooled into the stands of the small arena all supporting their own ambassador. I found myself stood in between Goyle and Draco which was extremely awkward since the two of them kept leaning back and punching eachother behind my back.

A dark haired girl spun round from the bench below us and scowled me, "What are you doing, sitting there."She said in a whiny tone, I scoffed, of course it was Pansy, the insecure little brat.

I opened my mouth to fire back before Draco done it for me, "Better than sitting next to you, Parkinson." He said, leaning forward as he fired at Pansy whose angry look soon fell into a frown.

"W-well-"She started before a loud horn rang through the arena, everyone falling silent as the first golden egg appeared ontop of the rock that sat in the middle of the whole arena.
I hesitantly looked to draco and he glanced at me, giving a weird look that I forgot to even wonder what it meant, I gave him a half-hearted smile and looked back down to the cave that the first person would walk out from.

Today I was cheering on Cedric of course, I was so eager to find out which dragon he would draw out of the bag. The cannon was blown and before he came out a Swedish Short-Snout appeared with a heavy steel chain wrapped round it's neck, puffs of blue smoke blowing from his nostrils as the sounds of the cannons and people made him more and more aggitated as his focus narrowed on the golden egg.
"What the bloody hell is that."Draco scoffed, leaning forward over the railing to get a closer look at the dragon, I looked over to him, answering, "It is a Swedish Short-Snout, It's known for the blue flame that shoots from its nostrils"I explained, looking over to the cave as everyone started cheering, a boy dressed in yellow emerging from it cautiously.