nine

The next task wasn't for another two weeks since the contestants had to find out what clue the golden egg held and since everytime they opened it, it screamed, like really really loudly they had to find out a way to understand what it was saying.

I was on my daily walk along the covered bridge with Pippins when I saw a familiar face in the distance just turning onto the bridge.
"Cedric!"I beamed, picking up my paste and running to him and without a care in the world just throwing my arms around him. It was the first time I had seen him since the last task and I was so excited to see him and find out wether he had discovered what clue the golden egg held.
"Bennett, I'm so happy to see you."He laughed pulling away with his hands on my shoulders as he looked down at me. "If it weren't for your notes I wouldn't of known how to defeat that beast."He continued, walking on as we carried on down the bridge, Pippins still at my side.

"No, it was all you, diggory."I said with a laugh, he looked to me, his smile fading slowly, speaking quietly as he stopped us in the middle of the bridge. "Do you think- you can help me figure out how to work the golden egg?"

I instantly nodded quickly, "Of course, where is it?"

"In my dormitory, I've got History Of Magic now but, meet me on 3rd floor at say, 7pm?"He asked looking around with a paranoid look.

I opened and closed my mouth, but before I could say anything he rushed off. I sighed and watched as he disappeared round the corner onto one of the castles halls.

~*~

"Late, Bennett."Snape snapped from his desk, not even looking to me as I rushed over to my table, sitting down opposite Draco.
"She was too busy with Diggory."He sniggered with a wide grin as the class fell into giggles.
"Diggory, Ay?"Blaise snickered from besides me, elbowing me. I glared over at Draco and he bit his lip, tilting his head to the side as he looked back to me with a sly grin.

How did he know about Cedric and I? There wasn't even anything between us two, but how did he know we even spoke to eachother?

"Jealous?"I said plainly, looking to Blaise whose eyes instantly flicked toward me with the mention of Jealousy, He scoffed and shook his head before looking to me, "Me? Jealous? Oh please."

I sighed and drooped my head onto my arm that sat on the desk, beginning the work I should have started about 20 minutes ago. "So, I wasn't wrong."Draco started from across the table with the faintest of smiles on his lips looking up from his work at me, I glanced up at him , "You weren't right."I drawled twizzling the bottom of quill between my thumb and index , eyeing him carefully.

"But I was close.."He said, an eyebrow jumping up as a playful smile rose on his expression, I scoffed under my breath, "No."
The rest of that lesson they teased me with things like, 'Oh diggory' But not Draco, he seemed to stay silent for the rest of it and was up and out the second the bell had rung.

      "Where did Malfoy run off to?"Blaise asked as we, Blaise, Goyle and I all walked out of the classroom, shouldering our bags. I shrugged and looked to him, "No clue,"

   Blaise pursed his lips at this and shook his head,  "Did you hear about him and Pansy? They've been on and off since first year,"Blaise started quickly, rambling on. "Oh ye', hes just stopped talking to her."Goyle said nodding to me, shoving a breakfast bar down his throat as he spoke.

      I snorted at that, Instantly rewinding back to the other night where she came down and basically sat on him, "Are you sure about that?"I asked with a laugh, pulling my hair out from under the strap that weighed down on my shoulder from all the books and textbooks in it

     Blaise's head flicked in my direction, retorting sharply, "Why would I lie?"

    I shrugged sarcastically, pulling a dramatic face and answering with, "I dunno' you tell me."

   He scoffed and rolled his eyes, looking forward down the corridor that was filled with students transitioning from first lesson to second, "Whatever, Bennett." Blaise exhaled with a chuckle, looking over to me, that was the first time I had a genuine conversation with Blaise since... y'know.. He could be nice when he wanted to be; but so could everyone else.

     The three of us soon parted ways as the other two where in separate lessons and I had a free one. The corridors emptied and I found myself wandering them, observing the ancient portraits that hung from the walls, each one telling a different story.

     "Olivia."A voice spoke from my left shoulder, I jumped a little before another spoke "Bennett." From my right shoulder
   I paused in my tracks as the twins appeared either side of me, "You two."I chuckled, a grin playing on both of their faces; literally identical.

      "How come you both know mine, but I don't even know one of yours."I drawled, exchanging looks with the two.

     "I'm Fred,"The one on the right started, "No, I'm Fred."The left one retorted, glaring over at the other.
   "Okay, so ones called Fred, what's the other one called?"I giggled as they both looked to me,
"George."The one on the right grimaced, his hand flicking out for me to shake, I reached out my hand and just before I took it, he pulled it away and placed his thumb on his nose, pulling tongues.

     Fred snorted and fist- bumped George, "Nice one George."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, looking away to hide the smile that I couldn't hold in.
"Very cliché."I grinned, walking through the middle of them both.

     "W-wait, is it true?"One of them said, running to my side and the other following as they both looked at me.

   "Is what true?"I asked, looking to the two as we carried on down the hallway, "That your pure evil, of course, with being a muggle and in Slytherin."The other said, both of them looking for an answer, I grinned and glanced at them both, a sly smirk stretching on my lips, lifting my chin as I answered, "I don't know, keep jumping up on me- and you'll find out."

    They both took a step back as I shot Fred the same wink he gave me in the main hall a few nights back. He gave me a half- hearted smile before I disappeared round the corner.

________________________________
feet off the table
FeEt oFf ThE TaBle