forty-six

that day we were all sent back early because the weather was too heavy, and most of the bars had been closed because of it so we barely even made it to the station before the train headed back to Hogwarts.

i had avoided draco for specifically 3 days and 10 hours, i was winning; but it wasn't hard to avoid him since he was literally no where to be found.
"Are you going to the party then?"Blaise asked me as we descended the stairs that lead to the dungeons, i smirked and nodded whilst looking over to him.

"Yeah I am, why?"I asked as we paused just a bit away from the entrance of the common room- all week blaise and I had been sitting next to eachother since draco would normally sit in between us.

"Come with me? Just as a friend if you'd like."He said quickly, he wasn't that bad when you got to knew him- but no ones bad when you get to know them right?

i took a deep breath and nodded slowly, "Of course."

"That's great, uh, see you then, then?"He smiled whilst looking down at me, he towered greatly over me.
"Are we going to colour match?"I grinned whilst opening the  flap to my book bag, shoving my books in their.
"If you'd like-"He said before the entrance to the common room opened faster than usual,  we both looked to it as draco stormed out, glanced at us both then to me. He exhaled roughly then carried on past us whilst undoing his top button, pulling at his tie.

"What's his problem."Blaise scoffed as we both watched him go, everything was telling me to stay but my gut was telling me to go after him.

"I-"I started, looking to blaise, he sighed and nodded in an understanding way. I forced a small smile then took off after draco who was now reaching the stairs that led up onto the schools  corridors

"Draco!"I called out but he kept going his pace getting faster and faster.

He led us up onto the astronomy tower, i was still a good bit behind him but i was getting there, the wind blew through my hair- it felt like ice jabbing into my face the wind was so cold.

"Dr-"I started before he cut me off- he was leaning forward against the railing just watching over the grounds of Hogwarts.

"Go away, Olivia."He said quickly, his back still facing me.
I pulled my robes tighter over my chest and folded my arms as I joined his side, also looking over Hogwarts.

"Hogwarts, what a pathetic excuse for a school."He muttered under his breath, i looked past him and to a window where two figures where holding eachother.

"What does that mean?"I asked, looking back to him- his blonde hair getting pushed back by the wind that had now made my face numb.

   "Nothing."He exhaled, dropping his head and pushing himself away from the railings.
"Listen- me and pansy, are nothing."He started, looking to me with a calm look, I grinned and shifted from one foot to another whilst looking to our feet that where just a bit apart.

"Cool."I nodded, forcing myself to keep a straight face when looking back up to him, "You and bla-"He started awkwardly, "Are nothing."I finished quickly, chuckling at the thought.

"I'm sorry, for not telling you-lying to you-"He started before i threw my arms around him and pulled him closer to me, taking in his signature scent that i missed heavily.

he hesitantly put his arms back round me and hugged me tightly- he was freezing, but i think we both needed that hug.

~*~

I got up early the next morning, earlier than usual- because today was the first time i'd be going to Hogsmeade.
this was my outfit-

I rolled my hand across pippins back whilst I crossed the length of the bed and to the door

"Took your bloody time!"Blaise laughed as I came down the twirling stairs that lead to the common room, he was wearing his usual matte black suit- most of the boys from Slytherin would, some just pulled it off better than others..

"Sorry,"I exhaled with a small laugh as I joined his side, "You look great by the way."He added as I started looking across the common room for a familiar pale face, but it was no where to be seen.

Everyones head flickered to the stairs where the clicking off boots came from- I turned around to see pansy coming down the stairs, and dare I say it- she looked so pretty.
She was wearing a green checkered dress with fishnets under neath; Her black hair sat on her shoulders at the perfect length, and her makeup was simple with dark eye shadow.

I bit my tongue and turned my back to her, no way was i going to give her the satisfaction of me gawking at her like everyone else in the common room.
~*~

The train was pretty empty since today was a very miserable day and their was a mild blizzard storming across Hogsmeade, so not many people where going.

"Today is such a miserable day."I started ,breaking the awkward silence between Ginny and I as we where the only ones in the cart, she nodded and looked over to me from the window, she opened her mouth to say something before the door slid open.

we both looked over to see Dean walking in and parking right next to her, pecking her on the cheek then looking over to me.
"Olivia."He nodded in a greeting manner, i cringe and replied with, "Dean."

5 minutes past and they where giggling away to eachother as I sat there facing them but looking everywhere but in their direction