twenty-two

I finally found the table that had drinks and snacks placed on it and reached for a glass,
"Not so quickly, Bennett." A hand caught my wrist and lifted it, I looked forward to see Fred grinning back at me. "Fred."I scoffed, yanking my arm away and picking up the glass,

    "She's better than mother." George joked, pushing past someone and joining fred on the other side of the table. I sighed and moved along the table to the punch, setting my glass down infront of it.

   "We saw your dancing,"Fred snorted, following me down the table, I looked to them both and they started to slow dance, their hands in the air as they mimicked me.

"Hilarious,"I exhaled sharply, rolling my eyes as a smile creeped up on my face,

  I poured the punch in the glass and glanced over to them, they both stood there grinning at me almost like they where waiting for me to do something- I narrowed my eyes at them and looked down into my glass and noticing a slight discoloration swirling at the surface of the drink.

  I grunted in a frustration tone and looked back over to them, "I swear, if you two have laced my drink with something I will-"I growled through gritted teeth at them both as they started sniggering, "We would never Bennett." George grinned, his hands digging into his pockets

   I rolled my eyes and turned away from them, throwing back a gulp of the punch- I felt an instant sting on my tongue almost like the liquid had burned right through the surface of my tongue, I gagged and spat it out; It landing all over the people infront of me causing them to yelp as it stung them too.

    I turned back to the twins who where already pushing and shoving there way to the exit, I stamped my foot and turned back to the people to apologize, "How dare you! You filthly mutt!"A boy in Durmstrang uniform hissed before his hand swiped across my cheek; I stumbled back in shock and watched as everyone started to laugh at me.

       The humiliation cause a large, never-ending pit in my stomach- Tears prickled the edges of my eyes as I finally brought myself to run and hide myself, I ran for the two large doors, pushing past everyone who was blocking my way.

   I turned the corner and could hear the faint callings of my name as I ran down the hallway and finding the nearest set of stairs so I could sit down and take my heels off that where scraping away at my ankles.
   I plonked down on the steps and instantly starting pulling at the buckles of my heels, tears streaming down my face; my cheek was burning.
No matter how hard I tried the buckle wouldn't undo, I go so frustrated I ended up just ripping it off- I threw the heel away from me and dug my head into my hands as the sobs only got louder.
________________________________
The struggle is real