thirty-four

A week had past and everyday filch was getting closer and closer to getting in the room of requirements,Well, he thought that- in reality, it was just Fred and George playing with him to make him think he had almost cracked the 'code'.

Every other day draco and I would go to the library and study, he was actually nice to me when he wanted to be.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember- Keep trying nigel.""Harry started, marching around the room as we all started to produce our Patronus, We had to come up with a happy moment- the happiest if we wanted to produce a full body Patronus which where the most powerful and protective.

    Blue waves of magic in the shapes of animals started prancing round the room, all doing their own little things. "Your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you focus," He continued, passing by me. For the life of me I couldn't think of any happy memories and it started to really frustrate me the closest I was to producing anything was a small spark of blue light, that was it.

   I looked over to the twins who where stood back to back and repeating the incantation whilst flicking their wand, I smiled and went over to them with my arms crossed, "What are your Patronuses." I asked watching them.

"Magpies."Fred said, keeping focus on his happy memory that was probably a prank he pulled on someone.
  I smiled, something about that just made sense, "One for sorrow,"George started with a small smile, I grinned and whispered under my breath, "Two for joy.."

They both grinned at me before flicking their wands in sync and blurting, 'Expecto Patronum'
Suddenly, a blue light streamed from the end of their wands and took the form of two Magpies, cheeky Magpies that started pecking at eachother and dancing around above us all, the twins watched and laughed as the magpies bounced down, pecking lightly at Ginny's hair and lifting it up with their beaks. They pranced around in the air- everyone watching with amazement, it was like watching Fred and George, but as Magpies of course.

   The show finally ended when they both flew off into the ceiling, the blue line following them as the twins lost focus. "What's yours?"George asked,  nudging me lightly since I was still watching the blue light disappear above us; I sighed and looked back to the two, shrugging and glancing over to Harry who was asking around for Cho, I exhaled and glanced back to Fred and George
   "I can't produce one."

"Rubbish."The two said in sync, Fred took my wand and placed it in my hand and squeezed my hand shut around the grip of it. "Think of something, anything, something that makes you smile."George said carefully, watching me with an intense look.

   I squeezed my eyes shut and my mind went completely blank, I couldn't think of anything.
The sound of a dog barking knocked my out of my concentration and I let out a frustrated sigh, looking over to Fred and George who where stood near me, watching. "See? I can't produce one."I whined, looking down- was my life that boring?

     The twins exchanged a look and exhaled sharply before Fred came near me, putting his hand on my shoulder, "Think of someone, Cedric maybe? When you both danced at the Yule Ball, you looked happy?"

I nodded and took a deep breath, this time with my eyes open and focused on the tip of my wand. My mind started to spin back to that night, Cedric and I... dancing. That brought me nothing but sadness though, knowing that he wasn't here with me only made the pit in my stomach bigger. My mind then forwarded onto when I got slapped by the boy from Durmstrang, that was embarrassing, then where did I go? Ah, yes, to cry on a stairwell. My heart skipped a beat when I remembered what happened next, Draco happened. We danced together and we kissed, he made me stop crying and the burning in my cheek stop; He, Draco Malfoy, made me happy.

"You're doing it"Fred laughed, I looked down to my wand a blue light started pouring out of the end, everyone paused and looked to me, I was bound to have some weird animal- A muggle-born, sorted into Slytherin. We all watched as the blue light started spinning, almost like a tornado. A loud roaring noise filled the room as the light formed into a pair of jagged wings, then a long, scaly-like tale, it was a dragon, my patronus was a dragon and it was massive. Everyone took a step back as it opened its mouth showing its large canines.

  We where all so mesmerized by the odd creature that we didn't realise the debris falling from the ceiling and the mirrors surroundings us starting to shatter. The Patronus disappeared and we al turned to the wall where a loud banging was coming from. We all stood, ready for anything with our wands held out and in stance; just like Harry had taught us.

    Suddenly a loud, deafening bang filled the room and a hole was blasted through the wall infront of us, a familiar pink figure standing on the other side with a little grin on its face, Umbridge. I felt an instant burst of rage in my stomach as a few other students dressed in the same uniform as I ,stood behind her with the biggest, proudest grins plastered on their faces.

    The group stepped forward and someone stepped in from the side whilst holding cho who had a big look of guilt on her face, I looked to the person who was holding Cho and I instantly recognized that smug grin, we locked eyes and his grin soon fell to an angry snarl; This was the boy who I had to think of to produce a Patronus?

We all froze, instantly knowing the consequences.
________________________________
I didn't realise how long it had been since I updated

Pls vote x