seventeen

Rumours had been spreading all day about who going with who to the Yule ball, but one stood out in particular and made me really...Agitated? And it was that Malfoy had asked Parkinson to the ball, which made sense since he did say he had spoke to her about something.

The day went on and I hadn't seen Cedric nor Malfoy, but I knew for a fact I'd come across Malfoy in the common room at some time.

I went off in my own world, my hand resting on Pippins back as we both walked along the covered Bridge like we did everyday. Still no one had asked me to the ball, I wasn't mad about it but I just wandered why..

I exhaled sharply, flicking the end of my scarf over my shoulder as the sharp wind pushed my hair back making my face go red and numb, the wind was so bitter after a few seconds my face was numb and probably bright red. I kept my face down, breathing heavily into my scarf that rose just over my mouth.

"Hey, Bennett!"A voice called from behind me, I looked to Pippins and pulled her off of the rail and placing her next to my feet. I spun round and was instantly met with Cedric who was down on one knee with a bright smile on his face. "Olivia Bennett, will you go to the Yule Ball with me."He beamed, his eyes lit up, I burst out laughing and nodded, "Of course I will."I giggled as he got up and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

He pulled away and pulled my hand up, pushing a ring on the finger in between my middle and pinky.
( this was the ring)

"You didn't have to- it's just a ball

"You didn't have to- it's just a ball."I scoffed in shock,examining the ring carefully, then looking to Cedric who was leant down, making a fuss over Pippins who was loving every bit of attention and was purring away as she rubbed herself up against his legs.

"It's not just for the ball, it's a thank you gift for how much you've helped me over the past few weeks."He explained, standing back up and digging into his robe pocket, "I got something for Pippins too."He said with a smile, holding up a charm in the shape of a badger that would click onto her collar.

I smiled with amazement and hugged him once more, "Thank you Cedric."
He pulled away and shrugged with a smug look on his face,

We carried on down the covered bridge side by side, "I hope you can dance"He joked, making us both laugh.
~*~

I pushed through the portrait that led into the common room, I planned on going straight up to my room but of course, someone stepped in my way and blocked me, I looked up and was instantly met with Blaise's gaze.

I exhaled sharply and took a step back, "Nice ring."He said, looking down to my hand and pulling it closer to him, "Thank you,"I started sarcastically, yanking my hand away.

"Your a girl, right? Surely no ones asked you to the ball so, come with me?"He said, a grin stretching across his face. I snorted, throwing my head back as that snort turned into a laugh,

"I'm already going with someone"I retorted, crossing my arms as I eyed him. He gave me a weird look before starting, "Malfoy?"

I scoffed and shook my head, "He's going with Pansy."

He burst out laughing before dramatically pausing and giving me a concerned look,
"No, he's not."

I rolled my eyes and shoved him to a side, stepping up a few steps before looking back to him, "So then, whose he going with?"I asked curiously, furrowing my brows as I waited for an answer.

He shrugged and turned round to me, "I thought he was going with you."

   I froze, my eyes widening as I looked down to him, "With me? Why would he go with me?"I drawled.

   "Forget it,"He exhaled exasperatedly, waving me off as he walked back over to the couch.
I opened my mouth to say something, but clearly it wasn't that important so I carried on up the stairs.

   I yawned as I creeped down the hallway to the dormitory, the girls giggling from the other side was already a bad sign, I slowly pushed open the door and they all looked over to me.

     I avoided eye contact, going straight over to my bed and setting my stuff down on it carefully, all their eyes burning into me.

  "Is it true your going with Diggory?"One of them giggled, sitting up straight as I glanced back to her, it was Daphne Greengrass.

   "Mhm."I muttered, turning back to my bed as I pulled back the covers, Pippins leaping up onto my pillow.

  They all went back to their whispering as I settled down in bed with Pippins on my lap and my diary propped up against her as I filled in the next empty page.

The rest of the night they would have little giggle fits then look over to me- and start giggling again.

________________________________
I hATe School