fourteen

The sound of the pattering against the windowpane woke me up slowly, barely any light pouring into the room as the inky clouds covered the little sunlight that ever shone through the small windows of the dormitory.

    I rubbed the balls of my palms into my eyes and sat up, swinging my legs over and slipping my feet into my slippers carefully, it was finally Saturday so I didn't have to worry about getting up early to go have breakfast then sit for an hour in a class.

Today most of the school was going to HogsMeade to buy appropriate clothing for Sunday when the next task was being held, apart from me and a few other students, it was so peaceful and calm; I was the only one in the girls dormitory because the others had already left for HogsMeade probably an hour or so ago.

I pushed myself up away from the bed, bringing my fleece with me-wrapped around my shoulders- and started down the hallway towards the stairs. I tightened the fleece around me as the cool breeze pushed against my face, sending shivers down my spine.

I stepped out into the common room and instantly noticed a body laying along the couch with its arms crossed and head dropped to the side, of course, it was Malfoy.

I chuckled softly and shook my head, he never left that couch, it was always the one on the left that sat opposite to the door of the common room so he could always see who was coming in or who was leaving.

I sighed and looked over to the cabinet and at the small muggle-kettle that was just there in case you wanted a cup of tea or hot chocolate, minus any magic.

I creeped over and started to boil it,
"Good morning,"He said from behind me in a low, husky tone that made the hairs on my arms stand on end.
I spun around with the fleece still wrapped around me, "Would you like a-"I started, he cut me off by shaking his head as he sat up and stretched.

I shrugged and muttered under my breath, "Suit yourself." And carried on with pouring the hot water into a colour changing mug.

"How come you didn't go to Hogsmeade?"I asked, filling in the silence as I turned towards him, my eyes pinned on the mug as the hot tea started shaking lightly, nearly spilling with each step.

"Normally, I'm the one to ask the questions."He said with a grin, watching me as I sat down and placing the tea on the table infront of me.

"Well, I didn't go because I didn't want to."I started, tucking my feet up before me and wrapped the fleece tighter around me.
"I didn't go because I don't see the point."He muttered, throwing his legs up along the couch and laying back down with his head on the arm of the chair, staring up at the ceiling.

"You don't see the point because you don't need anything, you already have everything you want."I corrected him with a cocky tone in my voice, a small smile playing on my lips as I spoke.

He looked over to me and scoffed, "I don't have everything I want." He sighed and his smile dropped, looking down to his rings as his voice got smaller, "Whether that's a person or a feeling, I don't have everything."

   I looked over to him with a small smile, was I seeing the genuine side of Draco? He looked over to me and his expression instantly went back to his usual moody look.
    "Well, we can't have everything."I exhaled, laying across the couch just like him and staring up at the ceiling.

     "You can't, but I know I'll get what I want somehow,"He retorted, looking over to me whilst trying to keep a straight face, I scoffed, his face instantly cracking into a small smile.

    "I hate you."I insisted with a grin, staring up  at the ceiling  as I fought back the urge to smile, the corners of my lips curling up.
He scoffed and before he could report with something witty I went on, "Like, really hate you."

    "Your only lying to yourself, Mudblood."He chortled,a grin stretching from ear to ear on his face. I didn't answer, because maybe I was, and maybe he was right.

~*~

We both stayed in the common room for the rest of that day, until I had to go meet Cedric of course, but we only spoke about my old school and how it was so much different to this one; I began to actually see a nice side of Draco but then it'd come completely crashing down when he'd call me a 'dimwit'

"I best go, I have to meet Cedric."I yawned as we both finished the game of chess, he looked to me, his smile dropping as I got up.
"Oh- well, I need to speak to you about..something when you get back."He blurted, closing his eyes instantly after it like he wasn't meant to say it, I raised a brow and drawled, "Ok..?"

"Go on then, Mudblood."He said, shooing me off whilst gathering all the wooden figures that sat on the chess board.

I rolled my eyes at his insult and stropped off out of the common room, leaving just him alone on the couch for the first time all day.

As I began for the Library I kept hearing footsteps behind me but everytime I looked back, no one was there.

I turned the corner and heard the footsteps getting closer, yet this time I didn't instantly spin round I just slowed down and kept walking cautiously.

"Got you-"I started before a flash of light took over my vision.
________________________________
It must be- TRUEEEE LOVEEEE
pls vote x