thirty-nine

"Apparently there's a new potions teacher,"Ginny started as we all sat in the carriage on the way to the castle, I exhaled and looked to her from the window with a nod, "Yeah, Slughorn is it?"

"Horace Slughorn."Neville nodded, putting his herbology book to the side and looking over to us- only now did I notice Luna wasn't here which sparked the next question.

"Where's Luna? I swear she was behind us when getting off of the train."

Ginny suddenly jolted her back to the realisation and looking round the small carriage like she'd be hiding under the seats,
"She might be with Harry, Ron and Hermione where looking for Harry too."Neville said as the Squeaking of the large wheels beneath us told us we had arrived at the castle.

I shrugged and brushed it off as the small door swung open and we began to climb off of the carriage.
I exhaled sharply and looked up at the castle with a growing smile on my face as I held onto Pippins cage.
No matter how many times I came to this school it was always mesmerising to look at and you always got the same feeling in your stomach as you did the first time you saw it.

"Come on, Liv, your holding up the other carriages."Ginny said demandingly, turning back to me with a frustrated look on her face.

I sighed and looked to the carriages lined up behind our now empty carriage and took a deep breath before following the other two, towards the castle.

~*~

This year was different already, there weren't as many first years and students in the main hall- especially after who-know-who made an appearance in the ministry, everyone was terrified and didn't know what to do and most parents had forbidden their children to come here, which is understandable.

I tucked my feet under the Slytherin table, infront of Pansy who kept looking back over to the main doors.

"Have a nice break, Bennett?"Someone said from besides me, I looked to my right to see Blaise just sitting down next to me.
I nodded and shifted a bit away from him,
"As nice as it could get, you?"

He shrugged and grinned, "It was alright."

"He hasn't came yet."Pansy said bitterly, looking over to Blaise who rolled his eyes and looked to me before looking back to Pansy.
"He'll be here soon, you know what he's like."

She grunted under her breath and scolded Blaise whilst crossing her arms over her chest.
"I know, but normally he doesn't take this long."

"Who?"I asked quickly, exchanging looks between Blaise and Pansy.
Pansy ignored my question and looked back over to the main doors,
"Draco, he stayed on the train when we got off, and Pansy- who can't go two seconds without being all over him- is worried something will have happened to him."Blaise explained whilst watching Pansy who had now fully turned in the direction of the main doors and was staring anxiously at them.

I scoffed quietly and shook my head, "Luna and Harry are missing too, might just be out of carriages?"I suggested calmly.

Pansy looked to me and snarled, "You would know."

I rolled my eyes at her attitude and got up,
"I'll see you later Blaise."

Blaise growled under his breath and started bickering with Pansy as I walked over to the Gryffindor table.

"Draco's missing too."I said looking over to Hermione who was constantly glancing over at the main doors and giving Ron dirty looks who was shoving bangers and mash down his throat.

"Draco, did you say?"Hermione asked, looking to me with a worried look.
I nodded and looked over to Ron who looked to Hermione with a concerned look.

"Here he is."Ginny said, leaning back and looking down the middle of the two tables.
We all looked to the main doors to see Harry walking down with blood all over his face.
He sat down besides Ron and stayed quiet,
"What happened?"Hermione whispered as Dumbledore started speaking
"N-nothing I'm fine."Harry insisted whilst pushing the middle of his glasses up the bridge of his nose and ignoring all her questions.

i bit my lip before turning to the front where Dumbldore had started the 'Welcoming ceremony'
_________________________________________
yes im back