twenty-seven

I woke up in my own bed and it made me think, was yesterday all a dream?
I sat up and looked across the room to Pansy who frowned as she looked over to me,
"How are you feeling? after yesterday?"She asked quietly,
     No, definitely wasn't a dream.
I exhaled and let myself fall back onto my pillow, pulling the covers back over my head.

    I got myself dressed and didn't even bother looking over to the couch when passing through the Common Room, I pushed through the portrait and instantly someone jumped on me, I pulled away quickly to see Ginny and the twins standing behind her.
     "I was so worried about you Olivia, are you okay?"Ginny panicked hugging me again.
I nodded and tried to hold back the tears by looking up so somehow they'd just fade away but that wasn't the case.
      "I've decided, I'll let you keep the 10 Galleons, only out of the pureness of my heart."George sighed, tilting his head to the side.
"Very funny, George."I scoffed sarcastically, glaring at him as a small, sly smile stretched across his face.
     "Shall we go to the main hall?" Ginny asked, walking ahead of the twins and I.
"I felt bad for you, so I got you a present." Fred said pausing in his tracks and turning his back, I looked up to George who snorted and rolled his eyes, "He's been practicing this all morning."

    Suddenly Fred spun round and threw glitter at me, I took a step back, waving the glitter away from me and looked at him, expecting him to be holding something but not he just done jazz hands with a big, sarcastic smile on his face.

   "Get it? I'm the present." He chuckled, I cringed and snorted, carrying on down the hallway.
Ahead of us, Ginny paused and looked back to the three of us, "Olivia, would you like to spend break with us, at The Burrow?" She asked, shoving fred aside so she could join my side.

   "The what-"I stuttered, looking to them with a confused look, "It's where we live? Don't you call your house something?" George scoffed, giving me a weird look

    "She's a mudblood , george , of course she doesn't."Fred chuckled, elbowing George with a grin.

I rolled my eyes at their insults and looked back to Ginny, answering her, "Of course I would." I smiled, "That's great."She beamed looking over to the twins with an excited look, they didn't seem that impressed.
~*~

Everyone was watching me as the four of us entered the hall, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone.

"Hey Olivia,"Harry smiled awkwardly up at me as I tucked my feet under the table and sat down opposite him on the Gryffindor table, I didn't care if I was at the wrong table, I don't even know how or why I got into Slytherin..

"Hi Harry."I muttered quietly, avoiding eye contact and shifting closer to Ginny who was already shoving a waffle down her throat.
Both Harry and I where feeling the same pain, and for some reason I felt comfort from that; knowing that he knew exactly how I felt, vice versa.

"Apparently, a funeral is going to be held here for Cedric then we will all be dismissed for the holidays."Fred and George said in stance, sitting down next to me and taking the daily prophet from in front of me as I sat with my elbows on the table, staring down at the full plate of food that was waiting to be eaten.
"Eat up, chop chop."Fred said, leaning against me and pushing my hand from under my chin. I bit my tongue and slowly lifted my gaze to him, "I'm not hungry."

That playful smirk that always placed on his face slowly faded into a concerned look, "Y'know, you don't have to go to the funeral, we can come back after it to see his coffin if you'd like."He said quietly to me, making sure no one else heard him being genuinely nice.
I looked to him and exhaled sharply, shaking my head. "No, I want to be there- for him."I replied quietly, he pursed his lips and nodded with an understanding look, he sighed and went to say more before George slapped him over the back of the head with the daily prophet.

     To be honest, I don't think I saw Draco for the rest of that day, I noticed his hair towards the front of the hall at the funeral but that was it, he wasn't even in the common room when I went back to get my stuff- maybe he had just left earlier than everyone else.
~*~

That was it, that was my first 'year'- if that, at hogwarts.
________________________________
Iv been trying to shift for so long <\3