twenty-three

I had just been humiliated infront of everyone, slapped infront of everyone. My mind was spinning so fast I forgot about my surroundings- Only was I knocked out of my own thoughts when I heard the clicking of shoes come to a stop infront of me.

    "Why are you crying?"A voice spoke from infront of me, I lifted my head from my hands and looked up to see Draco looking down at me, I kept one hand on my cheek to spare the embarrassment of him seeing a large red mark of a hand stretching up my face.

  I sniffled and ignored him, looking away to hide the black streaks of makeup that stained my face; and of course the puffy eyes. He exhaled and sat down next to me, "Did I do something?"
He asked quietly, I scoffed- why did he think everything was about him?
   "No."I muttered, my voice shaking as I spoke.

He muttered something under his breath causing me to look at him, forgetting about the hand mark on my face; His eyes widened then his eyebrows furrowed "Who did that?" He hissed, his jaw clenched.

   "Doesn't matter."I exhaled tiredly, leaning on my hand.
He pulled my hand away from my face and looked at me, his eyes narrowing as he stared at the red mark that stained my cheek. "Tell me." He ordered sternly, his eyes twitching.

    I pushed his hand away and shifted further away from him and closer to the wall, resting my head on it. "I said it doesn't matter, Draco."I repeated quietly, staring down the dark, empty hallway that reached out infront of me.

"Did Blaise do it?"He growled, going to stand up- I quickly grabbed him, stopping him, "Draco, please- just leave it."I sighed, looking up to him.

   He looked down to me with an exhausted look and sighed, sitting down next to me again; but this time closer. "Are you going to let them get away with it?"He asked quietly, looking down to his hands,

   I hiccupped and nodded, wiping the tears from my cheeks, "What am I supposed to do?" I muttered quietly to restrict the shakiness in my voice.

  "Tell me who did it- and i'll sort them out."He said with a slight chuckle, looking to me with a saddened look.  "You don't need to- I can fight  my own battles, draco."I scoffed, nudging him lightly. He scoffed and looked to me with raised eyebrows before standing up and holding out his hand.

    "You owe me a dance, anyway." He retorted, I snorted and shook my head and looking away from him, He exhaled sharply and grabbed my hand , pulling me up towards him.

  "No I do not."I retorted playfully and pulling myself away from him.
He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, our chests touching as we both stared up at eachother.

The milky moonlight shone through the windows that stretched up the wall, making one side of his face glisten.
I gulped, clearing my throat, "There's no music,"

"Be quiet then."He hushed me, lifting one of my hands whilst he had one of his on my waist still. I hesitantly relaxed into him, resting my head on his chest as he began to hum.
Start the music

We danced slowly, it was so peaceful I could do it for days on end, I felt so safe and protected with being so close to him.
   The tune he hummed was so beautiful, I could listen to him all day- I closed my eyes and lifted my arms up around his neck, taking in his strong cologne that sent shivers down my spine; it smelt like heaven.

    he pulled away, his hands still on my waist and looked down to me with an intense look, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.
     He took a deep breath and in a deep tone he asked, "Can I kiss you?"

   I smiled and suddenly all my worries floated away, the burning in my cheek slowly fading and the pit in my stomach full of humiliation and embarrassment suddenly disappeared.
     I nodded quickly and before I knew it our lips crashed an instant release of serotonin flowing up and down me, I felt like I was on cloud nine. His lips where warm and tasted of mint; he had obviously been chewing gum earlier. His hands were wrapped around my waist and mine locked around his neck pulling him down slightly. When we broke apart for air, I rested my forehead against his and gathered some much needed oxygen. His smirk told me everything and I smiled back, sinking into his hold.   

     "Your not running away from me this time, how come?"He joked quietly, the smirk only growing more. I felt the burning of my cheeks as they blushed, "I don't know."I flushed quietly, my eyes glued to his.

   "Bennett,"A voice spoke from behind us, I peered over Dracos shoulder to see Cedric looking round the corner at us, Draco looked to me and rolled it eyes, his hands dropping from my waist as he turned round to face Cedric who was walking towards us.

   I cleared my throat, the awkwardness making me want to  disappear off of the face of the earth.
  "Malfoy,"Cedric exhaled awkwardly, nodding at Draco who stood just a bit taller than Cedric,
"Diggory."Malfoy replied with a frustrated tone, returning the same look.

   "I heard about Igor, the durmstrang boy- I reported him."Cedric said, glancing at Draco who just stood there awkwardly.

   "Mhm."I muttered, turning to the steps and picking up my heels.
   "Uh, Draco- I'll see you later.."I mumbled awkwardly, walking in between the two, the tension in the atmosphere made me cringe as I walked away from the two.

    Cedric joined my side and grinned at me without saying a word.
"What."I sighed, knowing exactly what he was about to say.
    "Olivia Malfoy, I like it."He punned, nudging me playfully with his elbow.

    I scoffed and looked to him, "Shut up,"

"I didn't know you two had a...thing."He grinned smugly, watching me intensely as we walked back to the main hall.

  "We don't."I lied, or did I? I didn't know if we had a thing or not, or even if I could call it a 'thing'

"So you where just staring at him? For the fun of it? With his hands on your waist."He chuckled, raising a brow and giving me a look of disbelief.

  "He was seeing if I was okay, after.. y'know."I almost snapped at him, looking across the hall that had half emptied by now.
   "Whatever, Bennett, your little dance with Malfoy is safe with me, see you tomorrow?"He laughed, taking my hands and stopping me, I looked to him and smiled whilst rolling my eyes

  "Tomorrow's the big day, of course I'll see you"I chuckled with a duh tone, he smiled and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

    "Tomorrow, before it starts, I want you to meet my father-okay?"He said pulling me away and looking me in the eyes

  I nodded with a  smile, "okay."
________________________________
AWWWWWHFHFHRJJEHEHEH