sixteen

Olivia
I suddenly went from outside the library to fighting for my life in the middle of the black lake, the currents fighting against me as water fell down my throat, making me only cough more; the salt making my throat feel raw

    I felt arms around me and suddenly stopped struggling as Cedric started pulling me to the wooden tower that stood up out of the water infront of us, I got lifted onto the cold, damp planks and instantly got towels thrown around me, heated towels. And fussed over as loads of hufflepuff started crowding me and cheering 'Diggory'

    I laughed, only just realising what had happened.  "I didn't know Dumbledore would chose you."Cedric coughed, chuckling through gasped of air as he regained his energy shortly.
He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder whilst hugging me. I smiled, swallowing the little salt water left lingering in my mouth as I slowly began to calm down. I looked up to the crowd of people stood around me to see a familiar bleach-blonde haired pushing his way away from us, disappearing as A pair of Hufflepuffs shoved there way to the front and patting Cedrics back whilst clapping.

      I bit my lip, my smile dropping- was it Draco? I shook my head, coming back to reality and looking to Cedric "Thanks for saving me anyway."I quipped, watching as Hermione and Ron slowly surfaced along with Fleurs little sister.

~*~

    "I'll see you tomorrow, lunch?"I smiled to Cedric as we paused outside Slytherin Common Room. He took my hand and lifted it to his mouth, kissing it softly, I blushed and shook my head, looking away whilst hiding my smile.

   "Goodnight, Diggory."I said with a soft smile, biting my lip as he smiled down at me, "Goodnight, Bennett."He flushed, lingering as I looked to the door of the Common Room.

   I couldn't wipe the smile from my face that Cedric had left me with as I entered the common room, I looked over to the couch and beamed at the sight of Draco, I basically ran over and sat down opposite him, he slowly looked to me with dark eyes, his jaw clenched as he chewed on a tooth pick.

    "I'm sorry I didn't come last night I was-"I started, giggling softly before he cut me off, "I know."He muttered, looking down, ripping slices from a daily prophet newspaper, he held up half a picture and it was of me and Cedric on the floor next to eachother, explaining how he won.  "You're famous,"He slurred sarcastically with a forced smile.

   I shrugged his blatant slyness away and continued, "What did you want to speak to me about?"I asked, my mood instantly changing.

  "It's fine, I spoke to Pansy instead."He said whilst yawning, I felt my heart sink and my gaze fall to my hands and for some reason the urge to cry was getting stronger and stronger.

     "Well.Night."He muttered quietly, crumpling  up the pieces of paper and throwing them into the fire, the flames roaring up and engulfing the paper within seconds. Before I could say anymore he was already halfway up the stairs.

   I was left there, just silence and I started to get eaten by my own thoughts, what did he want to speak to me about? Why was he all of the sudden so snappy with me? Did I do something wrong? I sat there in confusion, time flying by and before I knew it , it was already 12 am.

~*~

     "So, Neville asked me- but, I told him I'll think about it."Ginny explained as we walked down towards the black lake that sat at the bottom of the pathway, whilst shouldering our bag. I sighed and looked over to her, "You should say yes- I heard he's been practicing."I said with a grin, her fair cheeks turning a light pink as a smile stretched across her face.

     We both burst out laughing for a good few seconds, "What... about you, I've heard a few are planning on asking you to the ball."She giggled between gasps for air and looked over to me, both of us tucking our skirts underneath us and sliding down the tree , sitting down.

    I scoffed at this, looking over to her with a sarcastic look, "Who in their right mind would ask me?"

   She snorted and slapped my leg, "Olivia Bennett, don't you ever say that, you are so pretty- I feel privileged  for you to even speak to me!"

    Instead of laughing at this I frowned, "No Ginny, don't say that. You're my bestfriend."

She sighed and looked forward across the lake, observing the mountains that stretched up behind it. "I think Cedric will ask you" She said, her head tilting in my direction as she spoke to me.

   I chuckled softly just at the thought of me, Olivia Bennet, getting asked to go to the Yule ball by Cedric Diggory; but then again, Cedric and I had suddenly became really close over the past month or two.  When I thought about getting close to someone, Cedric wasn't the only boy that came to mind, in fact he never left it ,it was Draco.
________________________________
Awieeeeeeee