twelve

(Idk if anyone's realised but there's a song up there each chapter to fit the theme)
"Henderson, carry on talking- and you'll be spending your afternoon with me."Snape hissed at Henderson who was flirting with Daphne Greengrass who started giggling quietly as Henderson shrunk into seat.

     "I'm so tired."I yawned, my head falling onto my arm as I drooped down in my chair.
"That reminds me, Malfoy, where were you last night?"Blaise said looking from me to Malfoy, I looked up and shot Draco a quick glance who lifted his head from his arms that where crossed against the table, dark circles under his eyes

   "In bed."He muttered tiredly,stretching his arms out before him.
"Mhm.."Blaise drawled, giving me a weird look in which I returned a glare, knowing exactly what he was thinking. Before I could tell him my excuse Snape clapped his hands together, getting all of our attention.

"You will miss next period and meet me in the room of requirements under Dumbledore's order."He announced before the bell ring, everyone hesitantly getting to their feet, the only time Dumbledore ever wants to speak to the whole of Slytherin house is when something really bad has happened.

~*~
We all sat there in silence, the girls on one side and the boys on the other whilst Snape helped Filch figure out how to use the recorder that kept screeching.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournemant, Since its inception- on Christmas Eve night, us and our guests gather in the main hall gather for a....ball. Because the Yule ball is first and foremost a- dance."Snape carried on, stalking down the space between us, clearly dreading this moment just as much as everyone else as all the boys started groaning at the thought of dancing.

"Now... two volunteers from each side please."Snape snapped sharply, everyone going silent as we all exchanged looks,

"Olivia, didn't you dance at Beaubaxtons?"Pansy giggled, leaning forward and looking down the bench at me, everyone's gaze flicked in my direction and my cheeks instantly burned with embarrassment as I struggled to find words.

"Great, come forth."Snape said, waving me over slowly, I gulped and looked down to Pansy who crossed her legs and started giggling at the sight of my humiliation as I hesitantly got up and creeped over to Snapes side.

"Imagine her dancing,"Draco sniggered under his breath to Goyle who completed blown his cover by bursting out with a laugh.
I blinked hardly, forcing the tears that where on the verge of falling to stay in just for a little longer,

"Draco...Come forth."Snape ordered sharply, glaring at Draco whose smile instantly dropped, looking behind himself before looking back at us, "M-me?-"

"Yes you."

I exhaled sharply as Draco hesitantly rose to his feet and inched towards us slowly.

"Right, observe carefully because I'm only teaching this once."Snape said stepping back, leaving just Draco and I in the middle as calming music started to squeal from the recorder.

We both stood there awkwardly, not moving an inch as the music went on. Everyone started murmuring and giggling before Snape waved at filch signalling him to stop it.

"Get on with it!"He ordered coldly, his hands folding behind him as he stood in the far corner of the room.
I looked back to Draco and it was the first time I had ever seen the slightest bit of colour in his cheeks and he was.. blushing.

He gave me a worried look before instantly looking away, something told me he didn't know how to dance which made my confidence rise just a bit.
I coughed and straightened my back, inching closer to him, the better we done it the quicker it would be over.
I lifted one hand up onto his shoulder and took his hand, placing it on my waist,
A panic look took over his expression as he started clearly taking mental notes, "I don't know-"He whispered so quietly barely anything came out, "I can tell, just follow me."I whispered back to him as the music started playing again.

We started dancing and it was coming to the part where he had to lift me in the air, I think he knew that aswell. "Are you ready?"I mouthed to him, he quickly nodded and both of his hands fell to my waist and both of mine lifting to his shoulders; I jumped up and he lifted and twisted me in the air, I couldn't help but laugh as we both stopped, his hands on my waist and mine wrapped around his neck, he looked down to me, a small smile stretching across his face, his pale eyes staring right threw mine. We stood there for what felt like 5 minutes but it could've only been 5 seconds before Snape clapped his hands, signalling for everyone to get up

"Not bad for a Mudblood."Draco grinned, his bottom lip tucking under his teeth clearly holding in a bigger smirk.

"Not bad for a prat"I said with a soft giggle, returning the look before dropping my arms to my side. I had a feeling we weren't just talking about dancing.

I glanced over at Pansy who nearly had smoke coming from her ears, and for the first time not aggressively chewing on gum.

     That only brought a bigger smile to my face as Draco and I carried on practicing the routine with the rest of the class.

________________________________
Awieeeeee