get me

few days later...saturday

I sat at my vanity doing my makeup

I sat at my vanity doing my makeup. It was saturday and I finally had time to go out and just relax.

It's been a week of me starting work and I was finally starting to get the hang of it. Apart from Maurice who'd pop up every now and then, I tried to avoid him as much as I could. It was a problem awaiting to happen and I wasn't here for it.

The only downside is Devon and I don't get to spend as much time together anymore . Just like I feared.

It's almost like we were rotating turns being busy. I hadn't slept over at his house in days and it's starting to really get to me, the distance.

Putting my lip liner down, I smiled trying to lift my spirits thinking about the breakfast date we where about to have.

I looked at my phone seeing it was almost 9a.m  and Devon had yet to get here.

I sighed standing up and going over to lay back in bed.

I bit my lip trying to figure out whether I should call him or just wait a little longer.

Getting frustrated, I called his number watching as the phone rang for a while. I waited a few more seconds before it went to voicemail and I huffed hanging up.

Thinking he's probably driving, I decided to keep myself busy and called Cammy instead.

She was supposed to come back today and I was excited knowing I'd finally have someone to talk to and have her relate, as a woman.

"Best."
I said lowly into the phone as soon as she answered.

"Guess whose about to board."
She said excitedly and I smiled.

"Well hurry up and get here. You know I ain't got nobody to hungout with around here and you been gone forever."
I said all in one breathe and she laughed.

"Best just lemme board this plane and we gon' turn up all night."
She said loudly and I nodded smiling.

"Okay hurry, Devons calling me I'll catch up with you later."
I said and she agreed before I quickly hung up.

"Babe."
I said feeling alot more calmer then before.

"Ma..."
He said sounding like he was frustrated and I waited for him to continue.

"Look I know you gon' be mad at a nigga, but hear me out. I ain't know, but I got this meeting and I really can't get out of it babe."