masked happiness

weeks later,Thursday
11a.m

That was so good

That was so good.
I thought to myself as I finished up the last wrap.

I've been craving everything sweet for the longest and D finally got me chocolate strawberry wraps for breakfast. My soul was happy.

"You done? Damn, babe you ain't even leave me nun'."
D said as he walked into the kitchen and I smiled.

"Babe you know I been wanting these for the longest so don't even do me like that."

"I know, I got you something else though. Come with me."

I stood up and walked with him into the bathroom. My heart felt heavy as I stared at the clearblue pregnancy tests on the counter.

"I think you should take these."
D said as he leaned against the door waiting for me to move but I didn't budge.

"Babe I would know if I was pregnant okay. I'm not taking these."
I said lowly. I was lying. I wasn't ready to find out and I simply wasn't ready to be a... mom."

"Baby I know you scared but look... the throwing up, cravings, moodiness. It all adds up man. Just take the test for me please mama."

"I got you regardless of what the results are, okay?"
He added now coming over to hug me cos I felt light, my anxiety was slowly sinking in.

"You promise?"
I asked holding onto his waist.

"I promise."
He said as he slowly let go of me.

I picked up the test and walked over to the toilet. He was still leaning against the counter watching my every move.

I took the test and put the cap back on. I walked over to the sink and placed it there then I walked back into the room.

I sat on the bed and got on my phone. I needed a distraction.

"You good?"
He asked coming to lay on the bed.

"Yeah I'm okay, just abit anxious."
I said laying my head on his lap.

"You know I got you right?"
I nodded as I checked the time on my phone.

"Should we go check."
I asked as I slowly got up, wanting to get this over with.

"Yeah."
He said as he grabbed my hand and walked into the bathroom.