back to bliss

3 months later

Violet🌺

"Yes, come in." I answered to the light knock that came from my office door.

"Another one huh?"

Ari asked amused refering to the coffee I was making.

It was probably my third cup for the day and it was only lunchtime so her concern was valid.

I've just been so out of it lately. Work was great and I loved what I did but my body has been giving me a tough time for the past two months.

I was tired all the time and slowly but surely coffee became my guilty pleasure.

"I know Ari"
I quickly responded feeling guilty but still managing to take a sip before I sat down.

"It's the last one for today though...I promise."

"mhm"
She let out a slight chuckle before sitting down aswell.

" Well, I might actually be here to save you. "
She said with the same mischievous smile she had when she walked in.

"Girl what are up to?"
I quickly asked squinting my eyes at her.

Ari is the hospital receptionist but over the months we've become really close.

She's one of the few people who actually don't give me evil stares and constant attitude for absolutely no reason around here.

Never easy for a black sister to be seen in success without questions and envy.

She's become an actual friend but we still maintain the work relationship when appropriate.

"Come on, let's go"
She said getting up grabbing my handbag from the table and my phone.

"What, were?"
I asked confused on what was going on but she was already walking out the door.

"Ari!?"
I quickly put my coffee down realising she's serious and grabbed my keys before literally running after her.

"Girl slow down, what's going on."
I said catching my breath as I finally made it to her side.

"Okay but you can't ask any questions okay. Just walk along with me."
Skeptical but too out of breath to even continue pressing her about it. I quickly rolled my eyes and nodded my head.

Doing as she instructed, She's lucky I trust her.
I thought as we got to the hospital exit.

My questions where quickly cleared up, seeing Devon standing against a black car with a smirk plastered across his face.

I kept quiet until we got close enough.

"I'll take these and you can have this back"
Ari said turning to me as she grabbed my office keys from my hands and handed me my bag.

"Girl what is this man up To?"
I asked looking at him from the side and I couldn't help but to smile back at him.

He makes me so goofy I swear. Nothing was even funny, but here I was gawking at him trying to contain my laughter.