On Chill

6a.m

I stretched my arms feeling like I just had the best nap of my life.

I slowly removed Devons arm that was wrapped around my waist pulling me close to him in the process.

I sat up in bed and looked around the room.
I felt different but a good kind of different. Who would've thought I would be waking up next to this man again after all we've been through.

He was still asleep and I faught the edge to kiss him awake.

Us not being together and 'working on things' fed my ego because for the first time I was standing my ground with him, but it was messing with my heart and that usually didn't work out in my favor.

I got out of bed trying to be quiet and walked to the window, it was early morning and the city lights combined with the sky had me feeling like it was gonna be a good day.

I was so into my feelings I didn't realise Devon had got up

I was so into my feelings I didn't realise Devon had got up. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me softly.

Of course I smiled, I was so inlove with love it annoyed me sometimes.

He didn't say anything as we stood there staring at the scenery for a while. His head was in my neck and if I didn't know better I would've thought he's asleep.

I slowly turned around and his arm kept firm on my waist not caring that I had on only his shirt that barely touched my thigns. He smirked trying to kiss me but I moved my head so he kissed my cheek.

"We not there yet?"

He asked his smile never dropping like this wasn't tempting enough.

"Nah, you just got morning breath."
I said being smart and laughing at how fast his smile dropped.

"Baby, don't do me like that."

"I'm just playing with you."
I said being abit more serious.

He looked at me for a while like he was trying to find something and I looked down feeling nervous cos if anything this guy could read right through me.

"We'll take it on your time mama's, I aint mean to rush you."
He tilted his head and squinted his eyes trying to make eye contact with me.

I looked up at him and nodded, he looked genuine and that's all I needed from him right now.

"It's okay."
I said back and hugged him, he was so warm that I could stay like this for a while.