vibes

I don't remember the last time I felt so releaved just to step outside.

It was a few minutes after my interview and I didn't know whether life aced me or if it was the other way around.

Considering that I had really bad anxiety, I felt like I couldn't breath the whole time I was in the building.

I didn't necessarily stutter, but the expression on the ladies face didn't help me either. She didn't smile or frown once while conducting my interview so I really didn't know how to feel.

I was at a point where my sanity depended on Devon getting home from work so I was just ready to start my career already.

I walked over to his car and I could see him watching my every step.

I sighed and leaned back as soon as I closed the door and he continued to stare me down waiting for me to say something.

"Baby, it was that bad?"
He asked looking genuinely concerned and I shook my head.

"I don't know babe, I gave it everything but I just don't know if I was good enough?"
I said being completely honest.

"Baby you are good enough. If they don't give you this position then fuck there's many more places that's gon' have bigger opportunities for you, don't stress it aight?"
He said picking up my hand and kissing it and I immediately felt better.

"Thank you."
I said moving closer to him to hug him.

"I appreciate you being here babe. You didn't have to miss work for this though."
I added sitting up straight to look at him.

"You know I'ma leave everything in a heartbeat to make sure you're good."

"I love you."
I told him pecking his lips.

"I love you too ma.What you wanna do today?"
He asked Leaning back in his chair like we where gonna be here all day.

"I don't know, spend time with you I guess. We do that everyday don't we?"

I laughed a little cos I was starting to sound like I wad obsessed with him and truth be told I was.

"I got something in mind."
He said looking at me smirking.

"Why do i feel like its something crazy?"
I asked squinting my eyes at him and he laughed like its the funniest thing ever.

"You got no faith in your man baby. I'm being foreal though, you gonna love it too."

"And if I don't?"

"Then you get me to do whatever you want tonight."

As soon as he said that my smile grew so wide cos I already knew I was winning this.

"You be playing too much D, promise?"
I said holding out my pinky and he laughed.

"Aight wait, let's get this straight. Baby if you loose, then the tables are turned you know that right?"

I hesitated for a while because i felt like I was walking right into a trap but did it anyway.

I locked my pinky with his and he looked at me smirking while I mean mugged him like I already lost.