22: The Language of Gestures

Note: (y/n) is deaf in this oneshot, and it is heavily inspired by A Silent Voice. Also Bakugou's a little bit of an idiot to begin with...

Quirk: Telekinesis

- Bakugou's POV -

"When the bell rings you should all be in your seats," Aizawa said to the class, walking in just as the bell chimed. Immediately the idiots that had been standing around gossiping ran towards their seats, the class falling silent. "We have a new student joining the class today," he said and I rolled my eyes, completely uninterested although I had wondered why there was another desk at the back of the classroom in which that Octo idiot had been moved to. "(l/n), come on in," Aizawa beckoned someone who was stood at the door, and in walked a (h/c) haired girl. There was something different about her though, something odd. "Go on then, introduce yourself."

There was silence as she looked around the classroom, a dumb smile on her face. I rolled my eyes at her stupid gaze, but when Aizawa tapped her shoulder and handed her a piece of chalk. I furrowed my eyebrows and found myself watching her as she wrote on the blackboard at the front of the class. She wrote out her name, (y/n) (l/n), and I wondered why she had to make such a big deal out of it by writing it on the blackboard. There were whispers between people as she carried on writing, and when she stepped away from the board a few gasps were heard. I too widened my eyes with surprise, seeing the writing underneath her name. 'I can't hear'.

"Alright everyone, settle down, (l/n) has severe hearing loss and can't hear most things, even with her hearing aids. She's moved here from Shiketsu, (l/n), take your seat," Aizawa gestured the now empty one at the front. She nodded and sat down.

Throughout the classes during the day she kept on glancing around, seeing people hard at work and her looking clueless. The invisible idiot that sat in front of me tapped (l/n)'s shoulder and reached over for her notebook, starting to make notes on her behalf. I scoffed, wondering how someone like her could've gotten into this school, after all, this was meant to be the most prestigious hero school in the country yet they let someone in who can't even hear? How the hell was she meant to fight?

When break time came around, (l/n) just sat there in her seat, annoyingly content. The girls went up to her to introduce themselves, and as I glanced over at them they were writing in her notebook, her writing her responses underneath. I rolled my eyes, thinking about how pathetic she must be. More and more of the class went over to her, introducing themselves officially but I remained in my seat, not wanting to be associated with that crap.

- Timeskip -

It had been a few weeks since (l/n) joined the class, and I was right when I said that she was weak. She had lost every single sparring match during heroics, she even lost against the stupid pervert. Her fighting techniques were terrible, and despite Shiketsu being a shit school anyway, it was a wonder how she managed to get in, let alone be able to get a transfer to here.

"Outta my way, idiot," I scoffed, pushing her aside with my shoulder. She made a strange noise, and I turned to see her with a stupid small smile on her face. She bowed apologetically which irritated me even more, as I stormed into the classroom and slammed the door in her face. Throughout the past few days she had been trying to contact me via her notebook, as I was the only person in class she hadn't interacted with. I didn't give a damn though, and this time was no different.

She was stood by my desk with her notebook and pen in her hands, and the annoying yet small smile on her face. She held out her notebook, and on it I saw the words 'Lets be friends?'

I snatched the notebook from her hands, and she let out a funny noise. I blew the notebook up in the palm of my hand, a strangled gasp coming from her. "I'm sick of you shoving this crap in my face, just fuck off you waste of space! Or are you gonna whine again?" I shouted, throwing the torn notebook to the floor.