36: Threats and Lies

Warning! Slight angst, and Bakugou may be a bit out of character at the end.

Note: There's a character in this called Mei, but don't worry, it's not Hatsume.

Requested by: 8ar8ie

Quirk: Cat

 I had started dating Katsuki Bakugou only two weeks ago, and was now going over to his house for the first time which meant meeting his parents. I had no idea he lived on a street with such expensive looking housing, it made me nervous as I lived in a simple, small flat.

I walked past an big house to see an attractive girl in the front garden, doing some yoga poses on a mat. Embarrassingly she glanced over to me, catching me looking at her. I sent an awkward smile, and became quite flustered when she scoffed and ignored me. I kept my head down and carried on walking, although I didn't have to go too far until I reached the gate of Katsuki's intimidating house. His house was situated right next to the girls, and I suddenly felt sharp glares at me, and turned to see her staring. I felt uncomfortable, but distracted myself and pressed the buzzer next to the gate.

"What?" Katsuki's voice crackled through the speaker.

"It's me," I said with a smile. He didn't say anything in response, and instead just opened the front door. I saw him walking down the garden path, wearing his rare smile. He opened the gate and pulled me in for a romantic kiss, making my heart beat a little faster.

"C'mon," he said, taking my hand and dragging me up his garden path.

"Katsuki!" A high-pitched, sickly sweet voice sounded and we both turned to see the girl from next door leaning against the fence that separated their gardens. "Oh? Who's this?"

"My girlfriend, (y/n)," he said simply.

"Hi! Nice to meet you, I'm Katsuki's neighbour, Mei," she said with a smile. She was speaking in a polite way, but something about her made me feel uneasy.

"H-hello," I bowed politely.

"So Katsuki, are you going to be training today?" She asked, her attention turning straight back to my boyfriend.

"Maybe later, why?" He asked. He kept his hand in mine, but I couldn't help stepping closer to him protectively.

"I was thinking I could train with you! You know, like we always do?" She sent me a quick smug glance which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"Sure, why not. You up for it, (y/n)?" He turned to me, adorning his small smile.

"Yeah, sure, it sounds like fun," I said, realising that she was probably just a close friend of his and that I should give her a chance. I smiled up at her, but hers in return seemed empty and fake which made me uncomfortable.

"See ya later, Mei," he dismissed, then pulling me along with him. As soon as he had his back to her, her smile dropped and she watched me with deadly eyes. Awkwardly I turned away, keeping my attention on Katsuki and still trying not to convince myself that I needed to give her a chance before judging her.

I tried to wipe my mind of her, as now I had a different hurdle to face: making a good impression on his parents. I gulped, stepping into his modern house and he seemed to sense my nervousness.

"What ya worried about?" He asked, raising one eyebrow.

"I-I'm meeting your parents! That's a big step..." I mumbled and he scoffed.

"The old hag's gonna love you," he said as though it were obvious. A nearby door opened and out walked a man with brown hair, glasses and a moustache, followed by a woman with blond spiky hair and red eyes. It was obvious which parent Katsuki got most of his looks from, and I couldn't help but smile a bit.