Chapter 17

I laid in bed and just stared at the ceiling.
*knock knock
I ignored them.
"Open up it's Dolph."
I slowly got up and opened the door for him.
He pulled me into a big hug and I leaned my head on his chest.
After we pulled apart he let himself into my room.
"Dean's an ass. How could he let a girl like you slip?" Dolph said to me, as he took a seat on the couch where we've had our movie marathons.
"I am pretty great aren't I?" I joked.
"Pretty damn great." Dolph said.
I smiled at him.
"But Dean and I weren't together or anything." I told him.
He nodded his head.
"Thanks for coming over though, Ziggy." I said.
"It's no problem." He said.
"I'm so lucky to have you as a friend," I told him.
"Actually I'm the lucky one." He said. I smiled at him once again, taking a seat next to him on the couch.
"So do you want to watch some of your chick flicks?" He asked.
"I love you so much." I laughed.
We ended up watching Love Actually and halfway through the movie, someone knocked on the door.
"I'll get it," Dolph said as he got up.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard Dolph grit.
I got up and approached the door.
It was Dean. Of course.
"Dolph go sit down. I can handle him. Okay?" I told him softly. One of my hands was on his shoulder and the other on his chest.
"Fine. But call me if you need anything." He told me. He went back on the couch and kept his eye on the two of us.
"Why is he here?" Dean asked clearly trying to keep his composure.
"We're hanging out Dean," I said.
"Ella I'm sorry." He said.
"Dean it's ok, it's not like we were going out," I said in a soft tone.
"Ella, you don't understand. I like you. Yesterday I got emotional. Like actually emotional and it made me realize I have actual feelings for you. I really like you." He told me.
"Actions speak louder than words Dean," I told him, "Goodbye."
I tried to close the door, but he stopped it with his foot.
"Ella please, just give me one more chance." He pleaded.
"I just need time Dean. You're a player." I said sadly.
"El," he started but I cut him off.
"Goodbye Dean." I told him.
This time he let me shut the door.
"You deserve better than him. You deserve a man that'll treat you right." Dolph said as he looked into my eyes.
I never realized how blue his eyes were. He leaned in and so did I.
Was this really happening? Maybe this was what I needed to forget about Dean.
He and I are not right for each other, no matter how good he makes me feel.
The kiss with Dolph was a simple peck. It felt different. Way different than Dean's kisses. It was a nice soft kiss. Okay at best.
"I've wanted to do that for the longest time." He told me, causing me to blush at his sudden revelation.
"Really?" I asked him with a smile.
He shook his head yes.
"Wow. I did not expect you of all people to have feelings for me." I said still in shock.
I honestly don't know if I liked the kiss or not. I don't know how I feel about Dolph. Maybe he is right for me.
Maybe I do need someone who I know I can trust.
But then again, maybe I need the excitement that Dean brought to the table. Maybe I needed the adventure.
"Do you want to go out with me? On a date?" Dolph asked.
"Maybe in the future. But not now Dolph. I need some time to sort everything out with Dean." I told him.
"I understand," He told me, "and if you don't want to that's ok. I don't want you to feel like you have to go."
Aw. He's so sweet.
"Thank you Dolph," I told him.
"It's no problem. You're worth the wait." He said.
"You're the best Ziggy." I told him.
"I know I know. You're one lucky girl." He joked.
I smiled at him and he smiled back.
We spent hours together just talking and watching tv and laughing.
I realized that yes, Dolph is better for me. I'm safer with him.
But with Dean, I feel things I've never felt before. I have so much fun with Dean. He challenges me but in a good way.
Dolph may be what I "need," but I want Dean.
So bad.