Chapter 16

-Shirakawa village-

-Narrator-

It has been 4 days since the banquet and our knight is taking care of her egg.

The sun is rising on Shirakawa village and it is time to wake up for most of the inhabitants.

"Kotai, wake up." Kamui shakes her ward awake.

He grumbles. "Why..."

"Get up or I throw the bed outside." She threatens.

Kotai sits at the edge of his bed and rubs his eyes. He knows that if he had stayed asleep, she really would have yeeted the bed outside, with him still on it.

He looks outside.

And sees pink pellets raining outside. "Woa..." The albino whispers as the knight internally smiles. It is the sakura tree's blooming season.

She approaches a box filled with a blanket and opens it. "Oh no. The hedgehog disappeared." The petite girl says in fake worry.

"What?" The boy immediately rushes toward her. "Where is she?"

The knight knows, she stayed awake last night to feed her, and she saw the baby hedgehog escape the comfy box to explore the house. It was quite entertaining if you ask her, but going to the hedgehog hunt is funny. "Maybe in the side room?" She hints.

"Right." Kotai runs in the now rearranged side room. "Come here please." He calls the small animal while his guardian reminds herself of today's schedule.

She feels something bump against her foot and what is it? A small pile of dust, no, a hedgehog covered in dust chewing on her boot. "I found her." Kamui tells the albino and grabs the baby carefully. "Look at you now, covered in dust." She whispers before having an idea. "Your name will be 'Poussière'"

The boy looks at her with a raised eyebrow. "Why?"

The knight puts the hedgehog back in the box. "It means 'dust' in French."

"French?" He tilts his head.

"I used to live their when I was younger." She explains.

The young boy nods. "French..." He mutters to himself.

-Twenty Minutes Later-

After eating breakfast, and getting dressed in Kotai's case, the two are making their way toward the house of Mitsue where Kamui will leave her ward for the day.

The petite girl knocks on the door and Yua opens it. "Hello Emiya-chan." The mother smiles warmly.

"Greetings, I am here to let Kotai in your care as planned." The knight replies with a serious expression.

The woman nods. "Of course."

Mitsue appears behind his mother as Kotai enters. "Hello Emiya. Ready for today?"

"I am not the one half naked here." She simply states.

The young man blushes. "Oops." He disappears as quickly as he appeared.

"He is a little bit light-headed." His mother chuckles.

Kamui crosses her arms and hums in agreement.

Yua sweatdrops at the silence surrounding them. "Do you want some tea?" She asks

The petite girl, who was looking at the villagers getting ready for the new day, hesitates before shaking her head. "No thank you."