Chapter 7

(Not Edited)

"Welcome to Hoshido."

That is what the Guji has told to Kamui, the latter understanding that there is a hidden meaning behind the message but preferring to hum lazily in acknowledgement.

She closes her eyes and crosses her arms, signifying the end of the discussion.

But the elder has none of that. "Young miss, you should know that your armor will only cause you problems in Hoshido." Kamui ignores him, she already guessed so. "Some mikos must have fabrics or old clothes." The knight opens an eye at that. "And there might be a sewing box somewhere." He puts a hand on his chin while looking over the distance.

"How much?" The blond girl finally reacts to the Guji's offers. "How much for everything?"

The man thinks for a moment. "I think 250 golds should be enough."

Kamui looks down at the sleeping albino, his expression is serene, not like when they were passing through the mountain chains. She makes a saddened expression, her face hidden from the man, as she rummages in one of her numerous pockets before taking something out. "Is this enough?"

What the knight is holding is a necklace, a red gem, bigger than any jewel he has seen, held by a sturdy sliver chain.

"If I were to accept it, I would be scamming you." The elder says with his signature smile. "However, I know a way to deal with our problem." The knight raises an eyebrow. "We will keep your pendant preciously and give you everything you need for your new clothing. Then, when you will have the money, we will give it back to you."

The girl lets the jewel fall into his hand, accepting the exchange. "I will be waiting."

Kamui uses the time to rest and, without knowing it, falls asleep against the tree trunk.

Not long after, Kotai wakes up and when he turns his head, he sees his guardian. He had never been able to see her look so peaceful, the top of her chestplate hiding everything under her nose.

The albino stays quite, not wanting to disrupt her rest, and takes a look around with excitement. He had never seen so much color in his life.

The knight woke right after feeling his gaze on her but found it amusing to see him so lively after there difficult travel. That is why, when Kotai turns around, he jumps on her lap after meeting eyes with her.

"Hello Miss Emiya." The albino smiles as his guardian grabs him by the waist and puts him down next to her, his back resting on the tree. "My ankle is all good now." He giggles.

She sighs. "I see that."

They stay in silence, both still tired, the boy physically and the girl mentally.

"What is this?" Kotai asks, pointing at a particular pink tree.

The knight looks at the flowers intensely. "That is a cherry blossom tree." She squints her eyes. "The flowers will bloom in two weeks, or around that time."

The albino makes a small 'oh' before resuming his researches.

...

"Who are you." An annoying voice interrupts their rest.

Kamui glances at the orange haired young man frowning down on both of them before closing her eyes again and adjusting her position, finding a more comfortable one.

However, while she hoped for him to get lost after being ignored, she finds out the her plan failed, his presence still sickening her.

"Do not ignore me... Nohrian scum!" He threatens the knight, no, tries to threaten the knight.