Chapter 1

-Young boy POV-

My name is... I don't remember my name... But! I know that I am 7 years old, that's a good start right? I have greyish white hair and scarlet eyes, even if it is difficult to guess with how dirty I am.

I don't have any memory from my birth to part of my sixth years of existence. That's why I am the squire of the North-East division of the nohrian wyvern knights after being found in the forest.

That's what they told me anyway.

I take care of the cool wyverns, mostly the dirty work, and watch them flying during the soldiers training. I don't know why but the wyverns aren't mean to me, the knights told me that they are prideful and vicious creatures. Prideful, yes. But vicious? No! they are really nice with me, they don't try to harm me and seem to be cautious of what they are doing when I am cleaning their box. One time a purplish wyvern licked me after I finished cleaning! She even let me pet her! And she purrs too! I had to help her laid a beautiful silver egg 2 months ago and since then she is super nice!

Anyway, the fact that the wyvern are quite fond of me doesn't mean that their riders are. In fact they seem to dislike me as if I was a bug that would be better crush under their feet. Is it because of my pointy ears? Or maybe my sharp canines teeth? Or maybe something else.

However nobody ever physically harm me, they look at me with annoyed looks, whisper swear words when I'm close to them, deprive me of meals for mistakes I didn't do. But they never attacked me in any physical way.

That was until the Division Commander, Sir Caim a really nice old man that sometimes gave me candies, died while trying to protect a village from bandits two weeks ago and was quickly replaced by a scary women, Miss Catherine. When she first saw me she grab me by the hair while asking me why I wasn't cleaning the base before throwing me in the direction of the stables. I still have a bump on my bum and a little cut on my left hand.

Since then, the other riders started to be really mean to me and I am starting to think that fleeing is not a bad idea. But when I tried to, I was caught and punished severely, I had to take 10 lashes last week and I only have one "meal" in the morning instead of two, one in the morning and one before sleeping next to the wyverns.

I wish I could get away from this place.

I wish for someone to help me like in the stories of Sir Caim.

-Meanwhile-

-In the Forest-

She has been seeing dead trees for the past two days now but she feels like she is getting closer to her objective.

The blonde knight starts jogging until the colorless wood becomes a blur around her.

You see, she is not entirely human, her mother was not human at all.

She does not have to keep an eye on her magical energy level since her magical dragon core produces an enormous amount of magical energy.

Plus, this world is abundant with magic so she just needs to use it in case of emergency.

And by emergency, she means magically nuking the surrounding area until their is no threat left.

At least she does not need a master, that would be too troublesome to deal with.

Taking care of someone just because they summoned her? Do not make her laugh, nobody want this to happen.

Do they?

The girl prefers to kill herself rather than being commanded by someone. Their is no problem with that, since the summoning would mean that she was already dead.