Chapter 14

-Southern Forest-

-Narrator-

When the old Kamaji came to Mitsue's house last night to tell him he would have a new hunting partner, the young man was perplexed. He had a lot of questions but the chief refused to answer him, saying he did not have enough time to explain.

But when dinner arrived, his sisters where very excited, more than usually. They were talking about their time with Maiko, and the new additions to the village.

They were arguing about a girl with so much strength she could lift any furniture with only one finger. He knew they were exaggerating, they often are, but he could not help but be interested by this enigma.

He then understood that she would certainly be his new partner so he did not asked any questions to his little sisters.

This morning, he was also thinking about this mysterious woman. Was she tall? Small? Or... Beautiful?

But, here he is, staring at the petite girl with shame.

He was fantasizing over a child.

How old could she be? Sixteen at most.

"What with people staring at me?" He hears her whisper before showing her hand. "Emiya Kamui. A pleasure to meet you." She says with a serious expression.

He hesitantly shakes her hand. "Mitsue." The young man mutters.

"Kotai!" The albino chirps next to her.

"Oh no. Another overexcited demon." He grumbles as Kamui rolls her eyes.

The old man is wearing a closed eyes smile. "Since everything seems alright, I will leave Kamui-chan and Kotai-kun in your care."

"Yes, old Kamaji." "Bye." "Goodbye old sir!" They all give different replies as they wait for the man to be out of earshot.

"So, when are we going?" The girl turns to her 'monitor'.

He blushes as he puts his hand behind his head. "We are going right after I give you the equipment." He then looks at the superactive albino. "Is the little one coming too?"

Kotai nods eagerly. "Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!"

The knight looks at him sternly. "Stop that."

"Ok." He stops in an instant.

Mitsue wears a dumbfounded expression. "I wish I could do that with my siblings." He then beckons them to follow him.

They walk for a moment before the knight asks a question. "So, you have siblings?" She hopes to find possible friends for her ward.

He gazes at her with a small blush. "Yeah, I have two little sisters."

"Twins?" Mitsue's eyes widen.

"I guess you already met them." He smiles.

She raises her eyebrow. "Yes, they dragged Maiko away while you were talking to the old man."

The young man seems thoughtful. "I don't really remember what happened, I really wanted to sleep at that time."

The petite girl looks at him as if he was from another world, which is pretty ironic.

The trio finally reaches the hunters cabin.

They enter and find nobody. "Are you the only hunter here?" Kamui takes notice of the position of every pieces of equipment.