08 | scream under me

"I told you he's going to react like that, but you didn't listen. Now look at what happened," Jungkook blurted out as they drove back to the mansion. Taehyung sat in the passenger seat, staring out the window, unwilling to reveal his saddened expression.

"Not everyone is as understanding as you, Tae. No one grasps our perspective. We're wasting our time; we didn't have to do this. I don't care about my father's wishes; we're going to adopt a child," Jungkook declared, and Taehyung sighed heavily.

"Jungkook, stop being like that. I would've reacted the same way if I were in Jimin's place. And why did you say, 'we can give you as much money'? It sounds like we're trying to buy him or something," Taehyung remarked, and Jungkook scoffed.

"So what were we supposed to say? Why would they help us for free? Everyone responds to money; I thought they would too. I didn't anticipate Omega taking it that way."

"But he's not like everyone else, Jungkook. Now stop saying nonsense and focus on driving. I don't want history to repeat itself."

"Wouldn't that be good?" Jungkook asked, and Taehyung raised a brow. "Another omega nearly gets crushed by our car, we take him home, the next day you act like you've known him for a year, and eventually, we leave his house empty-handed."

Taehyung sighed, resting his head on the back of the seat. "Are you done?" he asked, and Jungkook shook his head."Forget this omega thing. We don't need one."

"If he doesn't want to help us, it doesn't mean no one will. We need to be patient. This was my mistake; I'll find the Omega myself," Taehyung stated, and Jungkook sat in silence.

*

Music blasted throughout the club the following Saturday. The club was doubly crowded compared to the rest of the days, all thanks to one person-Baby Mochi, currently swaying his hips and dancing to the loud music.

The performance ended momentarily, and Jimin bowed in gratitude before leaving the stage, ignoring the cheap comments.

Minjae was also in the crowd, a wicked smirk prominent on his unattractive face. He walked towards a waiter serving drinks to the people. "Hey, listen," he called the waiter, who looked at him with a confused expression.

"How much does it take to have a private show with Baby Mochi?" he asked, and the waiter frowned. "I'm sorry, sir, but Mister Park doesn't do private shows," the waiter answered, bowing before attempting to leave. He stopped when Minjae called him again.

The waiter eyed the man who was pulling something out of his coat pocket. His eyes widened when he saw lots of dollars in Minjae's hand. Minjae looked around before discreetly putting the money inside the waiter's pants pocket.

"Now tell me, where can I see him privately?" Minjae asked, the smirk still on his face. The waiter gulped before leaning closer to Minjae's ear. "Go straight to that area; you'll see different rooms. The one with 'Baby Mochi' written is his room. He should be alone now; the manager is busy with something else," the waiter said, and Minjae hummed, eyeing the area the waiter had pointed to.

Minjae downed a shot the waiter handed him, winked, and left the place. He headed toward the section reserved for dancers and workers, scanning different rooms to find the right one.

Finally spotting a room labeled 'Baby Mochi,' his smirk widened. As he approached, someone spoke, "Hey, where are you going?" Turning around, he saw a man in a black suit-probably security.