01 | heir of jeon empire

A sleek black BMW glided to a stop in front of a majestic 19-story building. With the door gracefully opened, a man emerged, carrying an air of intimidation. The Alpha donned a mustard-colored jacket over a meticulously lined white and blue printed shirt, neatly tucked into mustard pants. Brown boots echoed on the marble floor as he navigated the hallway, flanked by two workers in impeccably tailored suits, bearing files and essentials.

His eyes gleamed sharply, and his gaze possessed a darkness reminiscent of a seasoned wrestler or boxer. After selecting the elevator floor, his tattooed hand casually slipped into the pocket of his pants. In silent tandem, his co-workers followed. Upon reaching the seventh floor, he made his way to his father's office.

A middle-aged woman, elegantly attired in a snug skirt and blouse, greeted him with a respectful bow. "Good morning, Sir."

"Good morning," responded the Alpha, his voice resonating with depth and honeyed tones. Acknowledging Mr. Jeon's presence, she informed him of his father's anticipation with a formal smile. His demeanor remained indifferent as she bid him a good day and passed by.

Bypassing the formality of knocking, he entered his father's office. Jeon Jeongguk found Jeon Junghyun engrossed in a file, and before his presence was acknowledged, his father warmly welcomed him. "Oh, welcome, Jeon Jeongguk. Finally got the time to see your father, huh?"

Jeongguk sighed wearily, momentarily averting his gaze. "Why am I here?" A subtle undertone of annoyance and boredom colored his voice.

"What's the rush, son? Have a seat; let's talk," Junghyun urged, placing his file on the table, addressing Jeongguk's muttered words with a direct question. "You know why you are here, right?"

Jeongguk furrowed his brows. "I wouldn't have questioned you the same way if I had known, Mr. Jeon."

"Right," Junghyun let out a humorless chuckle. "You're approaching twenty-three, and this chair is waiting for you. You're aware of that, aren't you?" He paused, seemingly gauging Jeongguk's reaction, which was notably absent. "Our pack needs a Luna and the next heir of the Jeon Empire. And you also understand that you can't fulfill that role with that damn beta-"

"Don't you dare!" Jeongguk cut off his father before he could finish his sentence. "Don't you dare curse my boyfriend in front of me, or I'll forget that you're my father." Junghyun's expression remained stoic. "Taehyung will be the Luna of our pack, and anyone with a problem can back off."

"But we need our heir, Jeongguk, who will be the next Alpha after you. Consider our pack. I wouldn't have a problem with your relationship if it weren't for our whole pack. Our entire pack depends on us. We need to think about them as well," Junghyun calmly stated, already familiar with his son's stubbornness.

"If they genuinely need an heir, we can adopt one. But I will never leave Taehyung. That's final," Jeongguk muttered as he rose from the chair, ready to leave. Junghyun stood up from his seat as well.

"Jeongguk, you're not understanding! We need our own heir. I need my own grandson, my own blood. We can't simply designate anyone as the next Alpha." Junghyun raised his voice, pushing Jeongguk to lose his temper.

"I said, I don't care. I'm not leaving Taehyung just because you need your grandson," Jungkook declared as he turned on his heels and walked towards the door, stepping out without any further thoughts. Junghyun let out a frustrated sigh in response, sitting back in the chair.

"I need to think about this soon," he muttered under his breath as he eyed the door from where his son had walked out.

*

Jeongguk entered his office, sinking into the chair with a visible frustration, his fingers combing through his dark locks. An intrusive knock interrupted his solitude, prompting a sharp, "What now?" His boyfriend, Taehyung, entered, and the edge in Jeongguk's tone softened.