07 | friends for a reason?

Beta was dressed in a maroon silk robe that covered him until his thighs, accompanied by only boxers. Seated on the bed, his back leaned against the headboard, a camera firmly held in his hands, his focus zeroed in on the picture of the Omega he had captured earlier.

For some inexplicable reason, he found himself unable to divert his gaze from that photograph. Jimin's smile, frozen in the image, held him captivated. Yet, it wasn't just the Omega's beauty that drew him in; it was also the presence of the child alongside Jimin.

A smile played on Taehyung's lips as he recalled the genuine interaction between Jimin and the little girl. Silently acknowledging to himself that he hadn't encountered anyone more enchanting than Jimin, the image of the child inadvertently sparked a thought in his mind.

Considering the need for an Omega to assist them, Taehyung wondered why Jimin couldn't be the one. The memory of Jungkook's father mistaking Jimin as the prospective Omega lingered in Taehyung's mind. He was convinced that Jimin would be ideal for the role.

In the midst of his contemplation, Taehyung grappled with the feelings that had arisen upon meeting Jimin for the first time. What he did know now, however, was his desire to spend time with Jimin. He envisioned Jimin as the Omega who could support and aid them, harboring a hopeful belief that Jimin might indeed assist them.

Lost in thought, Taehyung failed to notice Jungkook emerging from the bathroom, clad only in sweatpants. Having returned late from the office, Jungkook proceeded to shower while Taehyung patiently awaited him in the bedroom.

As Jungkook approached the bed, Taehyung quickly shut the camera and discreetly placed it on the nightstand, reluctant to reveal any of the pictures to Jungkook. Why? Well, that remained his little secret.

Offering a smile to Jungkook, who had joined him on the bed, Taehyung received a forehead kiss from his boyfriend, leaning into the affectionate touch. "So, how's my baby doing?" Jungkook playfully inquired, eliciting a giggle from Taehyung, who wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck. "Absolutely fine!" he responded warmly.

"Did you complete your schedule?" Jungkook inquired, tucking a strand of hair behind Taehyung's ear. After feigning contemplation, Taehyung responded, "Nope! One thing is left." An intrigued look crossed the Alpha's face, but it transformed into a smile when Taehyung closed the distance.

"I didn't kiss my boyfriend yet," Taehyung whispered, his gaze fixed on Jungkook's lips. Their breaths became uneven, lips nearly touching. "Then do it," the Alpha whispered back, and without hesitation, Taehyung connected their lips.

Jungkook's hands found their way to Taehyung's waist, pulling him closer into a deep and passionate kiss. When they eventually broke apart, wide smiles adorned their faces. Taehyung nestled his head into the crook of Jungkook's neck, closing his eyes to savor the warmth.

Jungkook soothed Taehyung's back with a gentle rub, and in a tender moment, Taehyung spoke up. "Jungkook." Jungkook hummed in response. "I found an Omega for us," Taehyung revealed, pulling away slightly to gauge Jungkook's reaction.

Leaning in, Jungkook planted a light kiss on Taehyung's neck, eliciting a shudder from the Beta. Fingers entwined in the Alpha's black locks as he continued placing kisses along Taehyung's neck and jawline.

"J-Jungkook," Taehyung tried to speak but was silenced when Jungkook drew him closer, their chests touching. "What Omega, baby?" Jungkook's muffled voice questioned, still peppering kisses.