Chapter 141 - 150

Chapter 141 – Underground Energy Vein

The flames within Redsun Town had finally died out in the next morning. Almost half the houses and buildings had burned down, and mummified corpses could be seen everywhere. The townspeople had begun cleaning the place. Some of them who had lost their families and friends were crying their lungs out, and some of them couldn't help but curse at the Blood Devils' bodies and torture their already dead bodies, stabbing them with their swords to release their hatred. Even so, they were still filled with misery.

This was the hatred that came after seeing their families slaughtered and their homes destroyed, nothing could help resolve this.

Although they were sad and angry about what had happened to them, most of them felt grateful as most of the people had been saved. A great warrior had arrived just before the disaster had turned worse, and he killed all the Blood Devils and saved them from the slaughter.

At dawn, dozens of mummified corpses were placed in the center of the square. All of them had two holes in their necks, and none of them had a single drop of blood remaining in their body.

Underneath these corpses there was a huge pile of firewood. The Town Marshal and the remaining townspeople gathered around it, their faces filled with grief and hatred. Zhang Wei was holding a fire torch with a trembling hand.

"Town Marshal."

Zhang Wei looked at the Town Marshal and asked for permission with a trembling voice. Redsun Town was a small, peaceful town, and never in history had something horrible like this happened before.

"Set it on fire."

The Town Marshal closed his eyes in pain. Zhang Wei got permission, then he immediately threw the fire torch onto the firewood, igniting the piles of wood. In an instant, all the corpses were covered in flames. Popping sounds came from the flames, and the bright fire shone on the faces of the hateful and grieving townspeople. Some of them were crying and screaming, this was a sad moment. Jiang Chen who stood aside was also having some mixed emotions regarding this scene.

In the world of cultivation, the weak are prey to the strong, dog eats dog and devil take the hindmost. It was rare for him to witness a scene so full of humanity.

"Town Marshal, this is young master Jiang Chen from the Black Sect, it was he who saved us by killing those Blood Devils. He had promised to come to our town and help us, it's all because of him that our town was saved."

Zhang Wei looked at Jiang Chen and said.

Everyone had recovered from the grieving moment. They all stared at Jiang Chen and Big Yellow, their expressions filled with respect and gratefulness. They had seen how strong this man and dog were, and they were truly shocked by their might.

Besides, what Zhang Wei said was correct. If it wasn't for Jiang Chen, there wouldn't just be a dozen of mummified corpses right now, the entire town might have gone down in hell's flames, and become a ghost town by now.

It was Jiang Chen who had saved their lives. Without Jiang Chen, there would be no tomorrow for them, and this was an unrepayable favor for all of them.

"Thank you for saving us, young master Jiang."

The Town Marshal bowed deeply towards Jiang Chen, and so did the remaining few thousand townspeople. Jiang Chen had done them a great deed, and there was no way to repay it. They could only admire him like a savior.

"There's no need to thank me for this, the reason I came here was to kill these Blood Devils."

Jiang Chen waved his hand and said.