Chapter 26

December 31

I opened my eyes. Where was I? This wasn't my bed. I sat up and felt an arm around me. I looked down and saw Taylor.
She was fast asleep. Then I remembered what happend. I had told them everything. They knew that I was a disgusting whore. They knew how worthless I was.
They'd throw us out.
They wouldn't be able to take care of me and my sisters.
How could anyone love someone as broken as me?
I got out of the bed and walked to my room.
If I just vanished they'd maybe keep my sisters. They liked them and I wouldn't be there so nobody would've
to worry about me.
I grabbed my backpack and put some of the clothes inside. I still had my money on the bank account so i could get away from Nashville.
I slipped out of my room and went into Maya's room where I kissed her on the head before going to Laylas room.
I kissed her as well and after closing the door I sighed. I would miss them but they were better of here.
I got my shoes and put them and my jacket on.
I looked up the stairs and opened the front door before slipping outside.

Selena P.O.V.
I woke up to someone jumping on my bed. Opening my eyes I saw Maya giggling. "Mama." She said and opened her arms so I could embrace her.
"Morning Princess. Are you excited for today?" Maya nodded while both of us cuddled.
After a while I sighed. "We need to get up. Why don't you go wake Taylor and your sisters? I'll get dressed and prepare breakfast." She nodded and after a kiss on my cheek she jumped out of my bed.
I got out as well and after getting dressed I walked into the floor where I saw Maya coming out of Taylors room.
"Mommy's awake now." She said and went into Alex's room.
"Lexi?" I heard her ask. "Where are you?" I turned around and saw Maya standing in front of the bathroom Taylor was currently in.
"Princess Taylors in there. What's going on?"
Maya's eyes filled with tears. "Lexi is gone." She started to cry. I picked her up and tried everything I knew to calm her down.
"What's going on?" Taylor asked coming out of the bathroom.
"I can't find Lexi." Maya answered. Laylas was up now as well. She must've woken up to Maya's crying.
"Princess I'm sure she's fine. Well check the rest of the house." Taylor said and for the next twenty we ran around the house searching Alex but she was no where to be found.
"Tay. I'll make breakfast you should call security and let them check the security cameras." I said to her while walking towards the kitchen and she nodded.
While I made pancakes i heard Taylor in the hallway talking. And soon after she came in.
"He'll be here in twenty minutes he said we should already call the police." I nodded and she went out again.
When she came back in, I had finished the pancake batter.
"They'll be here soon." She sat down next to Maya and pulled the distressed child onto her lap. "Will we find Lexi again?" She was shaking. "We'll do everything to find her again." Taylor promised.
Maya nodded and curled closer to Taylor.
I finished of some pancakes and put them on the table.
Maya and Layla started to eat. Taylor had to basically force Maya to eat because she was to anxious.
The bell rang and I went to the door. Outside was Max our security man.
"Hey thanks for coming." He smiled and after greeting the others he immediately went to check the surveillance cameras we had.
I was sitting next to Layla calming her down when the bell rang. Taylor went outside and came back to the kitchen with two officers.
Max came back into the kitchen.
"I checked the camera footage. It seems like she left around four am with a backpack." He told the police they both nodded.
"Is there any reason why she would run away or did she ever ran away before?"
We looked at Layla who shook her head. "She never ran away."
"We had a pretty emotional talk yesterday maybe this was the reason that she left." I answered.
The officers nodded. "Do you have any recent pictures of Alexandra?" Taylor nodded and got up to get a picture.
She came back and held a picture from the day we were in the zoo.
"This was around three weeks ago." She said and handed the picture to the officers.
They nodded and after taking a few more notes they went back to the police station to finsihe the missing person report.
"We should call the women from CPS." Taylor said and I nodded. "And we need to figure out what to do with the party this evening." I added.
Maya and Layla were in the living room watching a movie.
"We should let the others come. We might need their help. I mean we won't be able to look for Alex and take care of Layla and Maya."
I nodded agreeing with Taylor.
"My family comes around five pm maybe we can call them to come earlier." Taylor said already pulling her phone out. "Or we call Karlie and Ed. They are both a hotel so they definitely have time." Taylor nodded.
"I'll call them and the CPS lady." I gave her a smile.
"I'll go and look after the girls." I said.
In the living room there was silence the girls were just looking at the TV not talking. As soon as I sat down Maya climbed onto my lap.
"Mama I'm scared. What if something happened to Alex." She cried out.
I started to rock her her back and forth. "It'll be okay. There people outside looking for her and they'll find her." Maya continued to cry.
Taylor came in. "I called the CPS lady she told me to inform her when there are news and Karlie and Ed are on their way. They'll be here in a few minutes and Karlie said she'll call the others to tell them what's going on. My mom said they'll come as soon as Austin's plane landed."
I nodded still calming the crying  Maya in my arms. Taylor sat down next to Layla and pulled her into her arms.
The bell rang and after Taylor opened the door Karlie, who clearly had been crying, and Ed who just looked worried walked in.
They started to play some games with the girls while Taylor and I called people and hospitals in order to find Alex.
The bell rang again and there were Cara and Gigi. "Hey" I smiled at them and both of them hugged me.
"It'll be okay Selena."
"Come on meet Maya and Layla." In the living room the four were playing UNO.
"Tay is calling hospitals." I said while sitting down and introducing the two women to the girls.
Taylors family came around 2pm and Andrea immediately started cooking for everyone while Austin and Scott helped me and Taylor calling people.
"We'll find her and bring her back home to her family." Taylor said and I nodded.
---------------------------------------------------------
1220 words