Chapter 7

"Dinners ready." Taylor called out from the kitchen. After our little discussion she made me sit down in the living room with Selena and Layla to play trivial pursuit. As fun as it was I didn't really like the fact that I wasn't allowed in the kitchen.
"Maya hunny wake up." I shook her a bit and she woke up.
"Wats goin' on?" She rubbed her eyes and looked around. "Where are we?"
She sat up now her legs dangling over the edge of the couch.
"We're having a sleepover with Selena and Taylor." Her eyes got big. "Really?" I nodded. "Remember tomorrow is no school so it's okay."
She nodded. "Come on Taylor said that dinner is ready."
"Yeah." She jumped up and stared running before stopping and turned around "Where is the kitchen?" Selena started laughing, went over to her picked her up and walked to the kitchen.
"There you are. I made rice with vegetables and chicken. I put the chicken extra in case someone doesn't want it."
"Thank you." I smiled at her.
It was really, really good. Taylor definitely is a good cook. Even Maya ate it without complaining and she isn't very fond of vegetables usually.
"It's really good." Layla said with a smile. "Thank you for saying that." Taylor smiled.
"What do you think about watching a movie after dinner?" Maya nodded eagerly, Layla nodded as well while I just shrugged.
"Alright let's eat up and than we'll watch a movie." During the rest of the dinner. Layla asked Selena and Taylor about their life as celebrities like what was your favourite song to write or favourite concert.
After dinner Taylor started to clean up and I got up to help her.
"Alex." "What? You said I can't cook.  But I can at least help cleaning up." She sighed and nodded. Except for Maya we all helped cleaning the table so ten minutes later we all sat on the couches and were browsing through some streaming platform.
"What do you wanna see?" Selena, who had the remote, asked us.
"Tangled!" Maya exclaimed. I started laughing. "It's her favourite movie. She got on DVD last Christmas and I think we've watched it around hundred times already. But it's totally okay with me"
"Is it alright with you guys?" Selena asked looking at Layla and Taylor. Both nodded.
So she started to play the movie. Maya sang to all of the songs as good as she could and than came 'I see the light' and she sang the whole song. Rapunzel's part of course. She was so adorable.
Layla and I were used both used to it but Taylor and Selena were completly in awe cause she was so adorable. Maybe also because she could actually sing.
"You're so talented Maya." Taylor exclaimed. "Thank you"Maya was blushing.
"So we have really talented little princess here." Selena lifted her up and tickeld her a bit. "Are you sleepy little princess?" Maya nodded.
"Alrighty. The movie is almost over you think you'll be able to stay awake or you want me to put you to bed now?"
"Movie." Maya said and adjusted herself so she was still sitting on Selena's lap but could see the TV.
Twenty minutes later Taylor turned off the TV and we could hear soft snores coming from Maya.
"I'll carry her upstairs." Selena said. She picked my baby sister up and walked upstairs.
"I think I'll go to bed as well." Layla said and got up. She looked at Taylor. "Where do you want me to sleep?" Taylor smiled. "I'll show you your room. Alex I'll be right back." The two got up and vanished somewhere upstairs aswell.
I put my head on one of the pillows of the couch. I was tired I had stayed up late last night to study for an upcoming test and practice my music project and I had a headache maybe from the cold earlier or I was getting sick. I don't know.
I pulled the blanket Taylor gave me closer to me and curled up in it.
"Are you alright love?" Taylor plopped down next to me on the couch. "Are you still cold or do you need anything?" She looked worried at me. "No. I'm fine it's been a long day that's all."
Taylor smiled a little bit. "But a good day I hope. I thought it was quite fun. But we were really lucky that it was so quite in the park. If someone would have posted about Selena and me being there it would have been a little hard to get out of the situation."
"Yeah probably. But it was really fun." I answered.
"Sunshine your sister is a little monkey." Selena sat down next to us.
I started laughing. "Let me guess as soon as you wanted to put her down she clung to you and didn't want you to set her down." Selena nodded laughing as well.
"I should have warned you when she's tired or asleep she clings to whatever is warm. She used to sleep in my bed when she was a little younger and when I woke up to go to the toilet or drink something she'd just cling to me like a koala baby."
"She's so adorable and she can sing so well for a four year old." I smiled proudly. "I know. Layla sings as well she's in her school choir." "What about you?" "I don't sing. I'm not really good at it." I said with a small smile.
"Do any of you play instruments?" Taylor asked. I shook my head sadly. "No. Maya really wants to play the Ukulele though. She learned the basics in the music program of her kindergarden but she wants to play at home as well. Layla wanted to learn how to play piano when she was younger I don't know if she still wants though."
"Did she get lessons?" I shook my head. "Never head the money for it." They gave me a sad smile.
"Is this the reason why you don't have a good winter jacket?" Selena asked me. My face started heating up and I looked down before nodding.
"We didn't have the money so I had to decide whether to buy Maya and Layla warm jackets or myself." I was still looking down feeling ashamed.
"Oh sunshine." Selena wrapped me up in her arms and I burried my face in her neck.
"You don't have to feel ashamed. You're a smart, strong and independent woman. And you're families social status is nothing you have to worry about."
I felt myself tear up so I started to blink not wanting to let them fall.
I sat back up and smiled at both of them. "Uhm just so you know. Tomorrow is no school. It's like a teacher's seminar thingy with the teachers from all schools in the district and I already talked with Maya's teacher that she'd stay home tomorrow as we others have a day off and we planned on doing something
together."
"Good than we have one thing less to worry about. So will your parents be home the whole day." I shook my head "Probably until early in the morning and than maybe around 7pm or so."
They nodded. "Is it okay if I go to bed now? I am tired." They both smiled at me.
"Sure I'll show you the way and where your sisters sleep just so you know where they are in case something happens." Taylor got up with me.
"Thanks." We walked up the stairs.
"This is your room. Next to yours is the room where Maya sleeps. My room is across the hall. See the door next to the bathroom you were in earlier? That's Selenas room, as you probably know already. And across from her room is the room where Layla sleeps." I nodded.
"Thank you. Good night Tay. Can you tell Selena I said good night too?"
She nodded. "Good night love." She hugged me and kissed me on my forehead.
I entered the room. It was white with some red accessories and a really big bed. I climbed onto the bed, cuddled myself into the blanket and fell asleep.
---------------------------------------------------------
1373 words