Chapter 17

December 27

Alexandra P.O.V.:

It's been a six days since everything happened and I've been home with the others for two days now. I was allowed to go home for Christmas Eve.  During the holidays we had met Taylors and Selenas families. They were all really nice. They got all of us presents which made me feel really bad as I didn't have anything for any of them.
Maya got the ukulele she had wished for and so the last two days she was playing all the time.
Maya and Layla had gotten used to the staying with Selena and Taylor. They loved that there was so much food and that they didn't need to be scared anymore.
I'm still sore from when my parents had hurt me but I was healing. Right now I was sitting in my room, the same room I had stayed in the first time I was here.
The room looked the same as we hadn't renovated yet. But according to Taylor and Selena we would go shopping today and buy stuff for our rooms.
I heard a knock at my door. "Good morning sunshine." Selena opened the door and smiled.
"You're already awake that's good. We want to go out soon so get ready and come downstairs." I nodded and as soon as she left the room I started getting ready.
When I got downstairs I saw Taylor doing Maya's hair. Layla and Selena were sitting on the couch and watching something on Selena's phone.
"Are you ready we'll eat on the way?" Taylor asked after she had finished Maya's hair. I nodded and started to put on my shoes.
The doctor had been right because as soon as the pain medication started to wear of my throat had started to hurt. The yelling probably didn't help. So for the last few days I had been more or less silent. Only talking when necessary. We got to the car and Taylor was driving. Us kids were sitting in the back. "You know sunshine you could work on your driver's license right?" I nodded. "Well think about it." I nodded again.
We drove to the other end of the town before Taylor stopped at an IHOP. I heard of them but never been at one.
As we entered the restaurant we sat down in the far back. "So we'll have breakfast. Have you ever been at IHOPs before?" We shook our head.
"Okay you can try whatever you want. Here are the menus." Selena handed us the menu.
I looked at the menu. Maya looked at the pictures with Taylor.
"Can I have this one?" She pointed to something and Taylor nodded.
The waitress came and looked starstruck.
"Oh my god. You're Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. I love your music so much." They smiled at her. "It's lovely to meet you. Do you want to take a picture with us?" The woman nodded and I took a picture of the three of them.
"Thank you so much." The girl said. "Now what do you want?" She gave all of us a smile.
"One Funny Face for this little princess and I'll take the Berry Brioche French Toast." Taylor said before closing her menu.
"I'll have the triple chocolate stack." Layla said grinning.
"The spinach and mushroom omlette for me please." Now everyone was looking at me exceptingly.
"Uhm the garden stuffed crepes?" The lady nodded.
"So do you little ones have any idea what you want your rooms to look like?" Taylor grinned at us.
Maya immediately started talking. For the rest of the breakfast the four of them talked about how they wanted the rooms to look and what they would need for this.
The mall was only a five minute drive from IHOP.
We parked and went inside.
We started with clothes and especially Maya got a lot, but the problem was that she looked adorable in pretty much everything.
It was ten am when we started and after around three hours and already two ways back to the car to put some of the stuff away. 
Right now we were sitting in the car and driving to a hardware and furniture store to buy stuff for our rooms.
As soon as we got to the colors Maya looked at the pink colors.
She went for one light and one dark pink.
Layla choose a violet and a little bit of yellow, while I stayed with white.
Selena asked me a tons of times if was sure that I could whatever color I'd want but I just nodded.
We sat down for lunch on a park bank eating sandwiches we'd bought in a small sandwicheria on the street.
"Why don't you tell us about your hobbies?" Selena asked and looked at us.
"I do gymnastics on our school team and I like to sing." Layla said with a smile. "I like to sing and I really want to play the Ukulele." Maya exclaimed while nodding her head.
I was thinking about what I enjoyed to do. I've always liked painting and drawing, but I never really had money our time to invest in it so I all my artwork was made in school. They were still pretty good though. Art was always my best class.
"Art. Like drawing and painting." I answered while looking down.
"Alright I'll guess we'll look for a gymnastic team for Layla and we already talked about looking for a Ukeleleteacher for Maya." Taylor said before smiling at me. "I'm sure there are art lessons if you'd want some." I shook my head. "No I'm good."
"What about college? You're graduating soon. Where do you want to apply?"
I looked up a little irritated. "I didn't plan to go to college. So I don't know."
"But you want to right?" I nodded. "Yeah. Sure, if I have the opportunity. I'm not sure if I'm smart enough to get a scholarship and education is expensive." Selena smiled sadly while Taylor looked down.
After lunch we drove home. The two of them had called someone who had brought the furniture we bought back home.
So after we arrived Maya immediately ran to her room and asked us to start.
---------------------------------------------------------
1004 words