Chapter 19

December 28

Selena opened the door and looked at me. "Good morning sunshine." I smiled at her. "Good morning." I mumbled sleepily.
"You look sleepy. Did you sleep alright?" I just nodded, before getting up. I felt a little dizzy but didn't say anything.
"I'm gonna get dressed before coming downstairs." Selena nodded, but smiled at me. "Don't dress to well all we're gonna do is renovating and decorating your and Laylas room. And one of our friends is coming over to help us." I nodded before smiling at her and getting one of my old t-shirts and a jeans.
I went downstairs to eat breakfast with the others.
"Good morning." I smiled at them. I heard a chorus of good mornings all around the room. They smiled back at me.
Taylor was making pancakes. Maya and Layla were already eating there stack of pancakes before Taylor handed me mine.
"There you go." She smiled at me. I looked around the table. Not sure if I should take the syrup or butter.
My sisters were happily eating pancakes with syrup.
Taylor was looking over at me and smiled. "Why don't you try the jam?" She said with a smile and handed me strawberry jam.
I nodded happily and added the jam to my pancakes before starting to eat.
After a few more pancakes Taylor and Selena say down as well. So the five of us started to eat out breakfast together.
"By the way who's coming over?" I asked.
"Our friend Karlie." Taylor answered. "The one that's named after the meerkat?" Maya asked. We all started laughing.
"Yes princess this friend." Taylor answered wiping her tears away.
"She said she'd be over around noon and she'd bring something for lunch." Selena added. I nodded taking another bite.
"Who's room fo you want to do first? Layla or Alex's?" I looked at my younger sister. "I don't care. We can start with your room if you want." She nodded. "Yes please."
After a few more minutes we had finished breakfast and cleaned the table.
"Let's get started." Taylor pulled Layla and Selena with her, while I picked Maya up and walked behind them up the stairs. It was around nine so we started by painting the wall. One wall was painted violet and the others stayed white.
As it was only one wall we needed to paint, Selena and I, well mostly I, started to set up some of the furniture. So when the bell rang all that was left to do was to put everything into place and set up the decorations.
Taylor went down to open the door and we could hear laughter. "You guys coming?" Selena asked looking at us. Maya nodded. "Carry me?" Selena nodded and picked her up, before twirling her around. "Of course princess." Maya was giggling and clinging to Selena.
Selena opened the bedroom of the door and Layla, Maya and her walked downstairs. I hestiated but followed them anyways. I stayed at the top of the stairs. Just far enough downstairs so I still could see my sisters.
"Hey Selena." The tall blonde woman hugged Selena, before looking at Maya. "You must be Maya. The little princess I heard about." Maya nodded and smiled at her. "And you're the woman that's named after a meerkat?" The blonde looked surprised and then at Taylor and Selena, who both had started laughing again.
After Taylor stopped laughing. "We were at the Zoo the other day and there were meerkats." Taylor stopped because she was laughing to hard, so Selena continued.
"One was posing and Layla said maybe it's a model." Both my sister and the two grown ups were laughing but after they stopped Taylor continued.
"I said I'd name this one Karlie." The taller blonde seemed to understand what happenend.
"Well if that's the case then I'm the woman that has a meerkat named after her." She said with a smirk.
Maya smiled at that.
"And you darlin' must be Layla" She said while looking at my other sister, who nodded.
"Lovely to meet you." She smiled back at Karlie. "But I heard there are three of you." I sighed and stepped a few steps down. "Hey." I didn't look her in the eyes and talked pretty quiet.
"Hey Alex." I could hear her smiling but didn't look up at her.
"We already started with Laylas room and it's almost done so why don't we have lunch now I'm hungry." Taylor said.
"I brought Chinese takeout. That's alright? And don't worry it's all vegetarian." She smiled and we smiled back.
We followed Taylor into the kitchen. "What do you want to drink?" She asked while putting different juices and water on the table. While most of us sat down I started to help Taylor setting the table.
When all of us were sitting down Karlie and Selena started to unpack the food she had brought.
We started eating. Maya was talking to Karlie telling her about the zoo, her favourite animals and what she loved about her new room.
Layla and Selena were talking about the room and what was still missing. Taylor was smiling at the scene unfolding.
"Why aren't you eating Alex?" Karlie  asked suddenly. I looked up. "Uhm I was just thinking." I answered giving her a fake smile.
My sisters, Taylor and Selena were looking at me as well. "Are you sure?" Taylor asked. I fake smiled and nodded. I was tired. My mind was almost asleep and all I really wanted to do was curl up in my bed and try to sleep again. Hopefully this time without a nightmare but I knew that after finishing Laylas room we'd go to my room and renovate it.
My head was pounding and I felt a little sick but I continued to eat. At least enough to not worry anyone.
After we finished our food and cleaned up we went upstairs to Laylas room.
"What do we need to next?" Karlie looked at us.
"Uhm there are some decorations over there that we still need to put up and we need to put the furniture in place." Karlie nodded and together with Taylor and me she started to put the furniture in place. Layla started to put her clothes away while Selena and Maya finished the decorations.
An hour after lunch we were done.