Chapter 24

As soon as we reached our house and pulled into our garage I could feel the tension beginning to fade.
All of us had been scared so the car ride was very quiet.
"I'm in my room." I said after getting out of the car.
The others nodded. Taylor had picked Maya up who now clung to her.
The whole thing with the paps had apparently shocked her as she was whimpering into Taylors hair.
"Please don't leave me again. I need you mommy." Taylor looked over to me and Selena before trying to calm her down.
I couldn't hear what she was telling my sister but it was working she was rocking her back and forth, playing with her hair and whispering into her ear. After a while Maya calmed down but she still didn't want to let go of Taylor but it didn't seem like Taylor minded that.
"If you want to have some time for yourself I'll take her to my room with me." I told Taylor who just shook her head.
"We'll watch a movie or something right bunny?" Maya nodded.
"You want to watch with us?" She asked us and while taking Mayas shoes off.
Layla nodded while taking her coat off and Selena agreed as well.
"I'll go to my room." I answered.
The others nodded and went to the living room.
Upstairs in my room I immediately unpacked the embroidery thread we had bought.
I started to work on the pattern I had in my mind. Just a little floral border.
While doing this I listened to some music.
It took me good four hours to get the embroidery done.
Looking at what I had created I felt proud. It was beautiful and individual. With a smile I packed the remaining threads and needles away before putting the backpack away.
I turned the music off and layed down on my bed.
I could sketch or paint but my mind just wandered to my parents.
Eventhough I didn't know why I touched the scar on my stomach. I looked down as I traced the word engraved in my skin.
I felt my confidence plummeting. Suddenly I just felt that the scars exactly showed my place.
"Why me?" I cried out. I felt the tears running down my cheeks. They left their traces on my cheeks and I could feel the stinging in my eyes.
I curled up under my blanket and closed my eyes to stop the tears from falling.
My father's smell came back into my nose. I could smell the alcohol and the sweat. I could feel his hands on my body.
I remembered his hands on my neck.
Laying in my bed I continued crying and didn't stop until I fell asleep.

Selena P.O.V.
It was almost dinner time and Alex hadn't even been done for lunch.
The others off us had watched movies and cuddled the whole day long.
Maya was completely calm and asleep next to Taylor who had put an arm around her.
Layla had put her head on my shoulder.
"Guys Alex hasn't been down since we came home." I said.
Taylor and Layla nodded. Layla more agreeing but Taylor and I exchanged a concerned glance.
"I'll go look for her." Taylor said and I nodded. "I'm coming with you." I said and we both got up.
We knocked at Alex's door but didn't get a response. Taylor opened the door and looked through the door.
"I think she's asleep." She said to me before opening the door completely.
Alex was laying on her bed curled up in the blanket. It was a really peaceful sight until I noticed the tear streaks on her cheeks.
"Tay. I think she cried herself to sleep." I whispered to her.
Taylor looked at me before looking back at the sleeping girl.
"I think you're right." She whispered back while stepping closer to the bed.
"I'll wake her up now. Dinner while be ready soon so I guess she has to wake up anyways." I nodded and she gently shook Alex's arm. "Alex. You've got to wake up. We'll eat dinner soon." The sleeping girls eyes fluttered open and she looked at us slightly irritated.
"Did I fall asleep?" Her voice sounded way more raspy then usually.
"Yeah you did sunshine. We figured to wake up you before dinner." I sat down on the bed. "Thanks." She smiled but it looked forced. Her hands quickly brushed over her cheeks and eyes to hide the tearstreaks.
"Are you feeling alright?" I asked her and she just nodded.
"I'm good. Everything is alright." Her smile still looked kinda forced but she got up out of her bed so I just let it go for the moment. Taylor and I exchanged a glance both taking a mental note to talk about it later.
"Let's get dinner ready. What do you want Lexi?" Taylor asked.
"Don't know. What do we have?" She asked.
"Uhm Tacos, Spaghetti and I think some things for Falafel, sweet potato."
"Can we make Tacos?" Both of us nodded.
"Sure thing I'll start preparing everything we need." Taylor went downstairs and I looked to the still sleepy looking girl.
"Are you coming downstairs?" She looked up from the sketch she was looking at and nodded.
"What were you looking at?" She showed me a sketch of two hands protecting a surgeonfish and an anemonefish.
"It's not done yet. I was thinking of maybe doing it as an oil painting." She sounded unsure whether this was an good idea.
"That sounds amazing sunshine. If you finished and you'd like it we could hang it in the hallway or living room." I said and gave her smile.
She shrugged before giving me a smile.
"Let's go downstairs." I held my hand out she hesitated and grabbed it we walked downstairs together.
Maya was still asleep and Layla was sitting on the floor stretching.
"Hey Lay." She looked up and waved at us.
"Hey Alexa you're awake again?" She nodded and gave her sister a smile.
I pulled Alex to sit down and she almost immediately pulled Maya into her lap and she started to play with her hair.
"Should I wake her up?" She asked looking at me and I nodded.
"Maya, princess. Wake up baby. Taylors preparing dinner." Maya opened her eyes and immediately curled up against her sister.
"Lexi." She mumbled and give her sister a kiss on the cheek.
The two cuddled and Layla stretched. This was a really adorable sight. After a while Taylor walked in. "Guys dinner is ready." We walked together to the kitchen where Taylor had also already set the table.
So we just quickly set down.
We all ate the Tacos Taylor made.
Maya was telling Alex about the movies we had watched.
"And then then the poor girl with the evil Stepmom became princess and she wore a beautiful blue dress. It was amazing."
Maya was giggling. She was so happy.
"What did you do the whole day?" Maya asked her sister now.
"I did embroidery." Alex answered.
"Really, can we see it?" I asked her she hestiated but nodded and went upstairs.
When she reentered the kitchen she was carrying the backpack.
She hestiated before turning the backpack around.
Around the logo was an flowery circle. It looked beautiful.
"Oh my god this looks so beautiful." Taylor praised. "Taylor is right that's so beautiful." I gave her a warm smile.
She blushed and mumbled a thank you but it didn't seem like she knew what to do with the praise. I made a second mental note to talk about it later.
"Guys there's something we need to talk about." Taylor said and I nodded
knowing what she was taking about.
She took a deep breath.
"It's about you guys calling us Mommy or Mama." Maya seemed sad while her sisters seemed a little scared.
"Don't get me wrong we both love it when you call us that. Because it means that you trust us and that you feel safe. But we don't want you to feel like you have to call us mom or mama. If you want to address us like this it's fine and if you don't that's fine too." Maya looked up.
"So you're still mommy and mama?" I could feel her confusion and the anxiety she radiated. Just from looking at her I could figure out that she probably was scared she'd lose us again.
"Yes bunny we are." Taylor answered while I picked her up allowing her to cuddle into my chest.
"I love you princess." I said kissing her hair. "Love you too mama." She mumbled back.
I looked back at the older girls.
"So you're okay with me and Alex calling you that too?" And we both nodded.
Taylor got up to hug the fourteen year old who smiled.
"Thanks mom."
We all looked at Alex.
"First thanks but I don't think I'm ready to call you mom or mama. Maybe one day but right now I'm not."
I nodded and smiled. "That's okay sunshine."

Alex's backpack---------------------------------------------------------1521 words

Alex's backpack
---------------------------------------------------------
1521 words