Chapter 4

December 15

The next day I was working again as always my sisters came with me. They were sitting at one of the tables while I worked.
"One Cappuccino to go. There you you go. That be $2.1. Thank you so much. Have a nice day." It was busy just as every Saturday and luckily for me I had earned quite a lot of tip since the beginning of my shift.
It was around 10:30 when I had finally worked off the queue that had builded up outside of the house. So instead of sitting down and eating I started to clean up abit.
"Hey Sunshine. I'd like a Cappuccino and a mint tea to go." I turned around and Selena. She was wearing a cap and sunglasses like she wanted to hide from someone.
"Hey. I'll get your order sorted."
Maya had recognized her too she was already walking towards the woman and took a grip on one of her legs.
"Selly." Maya was giggling. She seemed so happy to see her friend again.
"Hello Princess." Selena picked my baby sister up and tickeld her. "Where is Tay?"
"She's outside princess. We're going to the park I'm just grabbing us something to drink."
Maya's eyes darted to me. "Lexi. I want to go to the park. Can I go with? Can I ? Can I?" She made puppy dogs.
"I don't see why not. But you have to ask Selena and Taylor first. And ask Layla if she wants to go with when you're allowed to go."
My sister turned to the laughing woman that was carrying her on her hip.
"Selly. Can I come with you? Please say yes. Please. Please" Now Selena got those puppy dog eyes.
"Of course you and Layla can come along. But you have to ask both Taylor and Layla. So off you go." She sat my baby sister down and she sprinted to the blonde woman right outside the door.
We couldn't hear what they said but Taylor lifted her up while Maya was talking really fast, using exaggerated hand movements. Taylor started laughing before coming in with Maya on her hip.
"So Alex. Are you sure we can steal your sisters for a bit?"I nodded "I'm off in about an hour. I'll just come to the park after work. We'll meet there." They nodded and Taylor sat Maya down.
While I handed both of them their drinks she had sprinted to Layla and pulled her back to where we were standing.
"Hey Sunshine. Can you give us three water bottles as well?" Selena asked while Taylor talked to Mya sisters. "Sure" I handed her the water and went over to the register with her.
"That would be $9.45 in total" I said and she handed me an twenty dollar bill.
I was about to give her the change when she shook her head and said "Just keep it. I have more than enough money. It's alright."
"Thanks Selena."
"Can we go now?" Maya was pulling on Selena's arm.
"Of course princess. See you in an hour sunshine." And with that the four of them walked out of the door.
For the next hour I helped the clients I had. Luckily for me it wasn't as busy is the morning so I just cleaned up and went over some lists.
Two minutes before twelve my colleague came in. I got my tips and he took over.
"Hey Alexandra wait." I turned around. My boss.
"Yes?" I asked him.
"Can you come in my office?" I nodded and walked over to his Door.
"It's the thirties of the month. As always I'll give you the amount of money you earned with undeclared work on the hand."
"You worked eighty hours this month. So you have a total amount of $896. You are registered to earn $500" He started counting out the money.
I had worked eighty hours, almost $900 with the amount of tips I had I could easily pay for the schooling fees and the food we had.
"There you go. $396" He put the money in an envelope and handed it to me.
"Thank you so much. I'll be on my way now. Have a nice day." I waved at him and he smiled as well.
"You too Alexandra."
I left the small cafe and took a deep breath of cold air. As much as I loved winter because of the beautiful snow and the peace ice brings it was actually the toughest season of all. We needed more warm clothes and the heating bills were higher than in all other seasons.
With a small smile I turned towards the park. It was only a short walk. Five to ten minutes depending on my walking pace.
I walked past the music store. They had ukuleles on display. Maya had told us that she really wanted an ukulele so maybe I could get her one.
I entered the store.
"Hello?" A man walked to the front.
"How can I help you?" "I'd like to know the prices of your ukuleles."
He nodded and showers me to the ukuleles. "Those one are from Luna Guitars. They are between $399 and $99."
"Okay. Can I took a look at them?" He nodded. I looked at the cheaper ukuleles.
"Are those ones good as well? Or are they just cheap and don't have a good sound?" He took a look at what I showed him.
"For beginners those ukuleles are great. They have a good sound and when you put new strings on it than it's definitely worth it."
I nodded "Okay. Thank you I'll probably be back soon. But I need to go now. Have a good day."
I waved at him.
He nodded and I went outside. I stopped at an ATM to put the money I earned on my bank account. Then I turned left and within three more minutes I was at the park.
I looked around the park, searching for the tall blonde, the small brunette and two kids.
Maybe they were at the playground. I walked in the direction of the playground. And I was right at least for two of them. I saw a tall blonde and a little girl. "Lexi." Maya saw me as well because she came sprinting towards me.
"Hey Maya. Hey Taylor." I hugged Maya and kissed her on the top of her head.
Before she quickly ran back towards the playground. Taylor came to me. "Hey Alex." She hugged me.
I smiled at her before walking towards Maya with her.
"Where are Layla and Selena?" I asked her.
"Layla wanted to go to the climbing wall. They are in the back of the playground." I nodded. "I'll say them Hi quickly." She nodded and while I went to my other sister and Selena she continued to play with Maya.
"Hello Layla." I saw her standing in front of climbing wall. "Alex." She hugged me back.
Selena had climbed up the wall. And when she saw me she jumped down the wall. "Hey Sunshine. Good to see you again." I hugged her quickly and smiled at her.
"Do you guys we wanna go back to the others? We can play something together." Selena said and held her hands out.
Layla grabbed one of the hands but I just smiled at her. She smiled sadly back at me.
"Hey Guys. Do you wanna play something together?" Maya and Taylor came walking towards us.
"What about hide and seek or Tag?" Taylor said.
"Tag. Let's play tag yes?" Layla grinned at us.
"Sure. I am good with everything." And thats what happend. For the next fifteen minutes we ran around the park tagging each other. Slowly I started feeling dizzy.
I probably hadn't eaten enough so I sat behind a tree and took a few deep breath.
"You're it." Maya tagged me and ran away. I scrunched my eyes and started running again.
I saw Taylor so I ran towards her. But instead of just tagging her I took a grab on her jacket and tried to steady my heartbeat.
"Alex. Alex." I could her her voice very faint. Far away. Like an ocean was between us. I felt her sitting me down to the ground.
"Alex. Darling you need to drink something. Here's water. Small sips."
I took the bottle she handed to me. "Small sips honey." I took a few small sips and the world stopped spinning as fast as it did before.
"Are you feeling better?" I looked at the blonde that kneeled in front of me and nodded.
"Are you still feeling dizzy? Do you need to eat something?"
"Only a little bit dizzy. I am not hungry I think I am good." "Sure? When was the last time you ate?" I just nodded.
"Guys what's going on?" Selena and my sisters came running towards us.
"Everything's good." I answered quickly and got up again.
Taylor was looking at me with wary but didn't say anything.
---------------------------------------------------------
1500 words