Chapter 15

We reached the ice cream shop and went inside with the kids.
"You can have what ever sundae you want." I told them.
Maya got the kids card and looked at the pictures.
"Can I have this one?" She turned it around. The picture showed the mickey mouse sundae. Two scoops of chocolate and one vanilla, with chocolate sauce and sprinkles.
"Sure you can. Do you have an idea?"  I nodded at her.
Selena looked up "I think I'll have the spaghetti ice. What about you Tay?" She looked at me. "I wanted to take that one too."
Layla looked up. "Can I have this one?" She showed us the sweets sundae. It was three scoops of ice. With chocolate sauce, smarties, Gummi Bears and marshmallows.
"Of course you can. What about you Alex?" She looked up. "Uhm this one seems good." She showed us the chocolate sundae. Three scoops with chocolate sauce and chocolate drops on it.
"Seems good." I smiled at her.
We ordered and got our ice cream pretty fast. Maya immediately started to eat. When she that her older sister had marshmallows she stole one making Layla groan. "Maya. It's mine. You could at least ask." The four year old looked at her older sister her hand in front of her mouth, because she wanted to hide the marshmallow she was eating.
"Can I ask you something, Alex?" Selena asked. Alex nodded and smiled. "You're father yelled something about that he had a customer waiting. What did he mean?" She looked down. "Not important. I think he meant someone from work and he couldn't work because he was so worried." We sighed and nodded.
We finished our ice cream and walked back to the car. The car ride was silent. It seemed like our questions made the girls uncomfortable so they wouldn't talk as open as before.
As we reached the house we got out with them again and hugged all three of them. "I'm sorry if our questions made you uncomfortable." I said while I hugged Alex. "We'de worried that's all." She gave me a sad smile but nodded. "It's alright Taylor." The three walked to the house and vanished behind the door. "Are we staying to see if something happens?" Selena asked me and I nodded.
We didn't have to wait long.
We could hear someone starting to cry and than someone else yelling that the first person should shut up. This time it was a woman not a man yelling. But the man started yelling a few seconds later. He sounded mad and was insulting someone.
Then we heard Alex. "Stop. Let go of her. Don't hurt her. She's a kid. Hurt me instead of her. Let her go." She stopped yelling but the man and the woman both started yelling at her.
"I'm calling the cops." Selena said and pulled her phone out.
We stood outside for five minutes before the police came.
One of the officers walked towards us. "Did you call?" Selena nodded and showed him her ID. His eyes got big. "Holy shit. You're Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift." We nodded and sighed.
"We think there's something going in this house." Selena said and started to explain what we had heard and witnessed in the girls behaviour.
The officers nodded.
"We'll go in. Do you know if all of the girls are in danger?" We shook her heads of course we didn't know otherwise we would've said so.
We followed the cops to the house and when they rang bell. I heard everything in the house go silent.
Than Layla opened the door. She looked at Selena and me and the cops before tearing up.
Her cheek was red and she limped as she walked outside.
Selena opened her arms and Layla stepped towards her and curled up in her arms.
"Thank you." She mumbled while Selena held her close.
Then she looked at the officers. "You need to get Alex and Maya. But Alex is almost passed out and Maya won't go with you if she doesn't know you so I'm coming with you." She tried to get out of Selena's arms but Selena just held her closer.
"You'll stay here. I'll go with the officers." I said to her. She nodded and leaned back into Selena.
One of the officers had called an ambulance for the girls. So now the three of us walked inside. Right in the first room, the living room, we saw them. Maya was sitting in an corner crying. She looked scared, her nose was bleeding and her right cheek showed the imprint of a hand.
But in the middle of the room where two grownups. An man and a woman. They were holding someone to the ground. At least I thought this in the first moment and then I realized that the woman was holding a knife and cut the skin of the girl laying on the floor open. The man had his hands around her neck and choked her. She tried to kick them but she didn't have the power.
I teared up when I saw this. Poor Alex. I just wanted pull her into a hug and hold her.
The cops had started to walk into the room and the father had seen them. So he stopped choking her and raised his arms. Now I could see Alex's face. Her eyes were almost closed. She had an bruise already forming around the left eye.
Her neck had red imprints of finger prints. The woman didn't react to the police she just continued to tear the skin open. It looked like she was writing something.
"Miss, you need to drop the weapon." One officer said. The woman looked over, smiled and continued to write on Alex's skin. The office walked over and put handcuffs on the man. I decided that it was safe enough to go to Maya.
"Maya, princess. Look at me. It's me Taylor. You're safe now." Maya looked up and immediately jumped into my arm crying.
I looked at the officers and the woman. She had put the knife away and I cut see what she had cut into Alex's skin. Worthless. I felt myself getting sick. The officer put handcuffs on her and paramedics rushed in to take care of Alex.
I carried Maya out and over to the car where Layla and Selena were standing.
As soon as the two sister saw each other they hugged.
"Excuse me?" One of the paramedics came over and looked at Maya.
"The girls are hurt they should go to the hospital."
I looked at both of them Maya was clinging to me while Layla was clinging to Selena.
"Which hospital are you taking their sister? We'll bring them there to get checked out."
He nodded and told us where to go.
---------------------------------------------------------
1143 words