Chapter 22

December 30

"Where were you bitch?" I could my hear my father yell. My breath was stuck in my throat.
"Work Sir." I could feel him coming closer. His steps made the floor creak. Then I saw his figure coming into the hallway. He was coming even closer. I tried to draw back but there was no way that I'd be able to run from him. Right behind me was the door I had just locked. The door to the street.
I could feel his breath on my skin. He was stinking. His breath smelled like alcohol and he was clearly drunk. His talk was slightly slurred and he was stumbling a bit.
"You're coming with me." He pulled me with him. He had grabbed my wrist and was pulling me with him. Nobody else was in the living room.
He pushed me to the ground.  "As if someone like you could keep a job. You're worthless. You're useless." He started kicking me and while doing so he continued to yell insults at me.
At some point I was about to pass out so he stopped. "I'm not done yet." He waited for awhile as he waited for me to regain my consciousness.
When I was almost back to full consciousness he was back.
"Let's play." He grinned and put his hands around my neck. I felt his grip starting to close.
I started to trash around and tried to break free from his grip. After a few minutes he loosened his grip. He waited and went back to choking me.
I noticed him grabbing something.
Then I felt the knife. It was cold and sharp he pressed it against my stomach. I could feel my blood pouring out. I heard the blood pumping in my veins and my struggling breath.
His grip could tighter.
My arms thrashed around before I felt nothing. I didn't have the energy to do anything. He loosened up his grip and I get back more of my consciousness.
He went back to tearing my skin open with his knife.
"I'll kill your sisters after you. So your sacrifice won't help them." His evil smirk was back. His hands found their way back around my throat. This time he pressed harder I couldn't breath and when I stopped thrashings around he didn't stop. Everything went black.
I sat in my bed. Alone. I got up to find my sisters and Taylor and Selena. I could hear sounds coming from downstairs.
My parents were there. They had tied the two woman up and had started to stab Maya.
"Nice of you to join us." My father smiled his evil smile.
He pushed me to the floor and instead of choking my like he did in my dream he undressed me and himself. I closed my eyes. In the background I could hear Maya scream and the other three cry.
Then the screams stopped.
I felt the burning pain in my lower abdomen. Tears were running down my face.
"Next one." I opened my eyes and saw that my mother now started to stab Layla.
My father finished and dressed himself leaving me laying on the cold hard ground. I whimpered when I sat up.
I looked to see both my sisters dead and Selena close behind as my mother had started to torture her.
My father went to Taylor and started to choke her with his belt and soon enough I was alone with two monsters.
"We won't kill you. We'll let you live knowing that you couldn't save them." My mother said before leaving with my father.

I woke up panting. My heart was racing and I was sweating bad.
The same dream again. Ever since what happened I keep reliving this dream but this time Taylor and Selena got hurt as well.
It took me awhile but after some time I managed to calm down. I got up out of my bed and opened my door to the hallway.
Standing in front of Selena's door I raised my arm to knock but then quickly decided against it.
I went downstairs and sat down on the couch. The clock showed that it was almost 1am indicating I had only slept around two and a half hours.
With a sigh I curled myself up in a blanket that was still laying around on the couch and turned the TV on.
Zapping through the programs I settled on some friends reruns and watched them.
It was probably around eight episodes later when the light in the room went on.
"Alex? What are you doing up?" I heard a sleepy voice behind me and turned around.
Taylor stood there. She looked like she just came out of bed and really tired.
"Couldn't sleep." I answered before turning back to the TV. I heard her sigh but she sat down next to me.
"Do you know why? Is anything on your mind that you want to talk about?" I shook my head and looked at my hands.
"Okay. Now come on let's get you back to bed." Taylor said and turned the TV off. She got up and held her hand to me.
With a sigh I got up and followed her upstairs.
"Do you want to sleep in my bed?" Taylor asked me. "I'm good it's fine. I'll just lay down again. You can go back to sleep." I answered without really answering her question.
"Alright so you'll sleep in my room." She decided and pulled me into her room.
I stood there unsure after Taylor closed the door and walked over to her bed.
"Come here." She sat patting on the bed next to her. I slowly walked over to her and when I reached the bed I let her pull me on the bed.
I could feel her pulling me into her arms.
"I'm here love. Try to go back to sleep." I heard her mumble into my hair.
The warmth that she radiated and the comfort that her hand playing with my hair brought slowly lulled me to sleep.

Selena P.O.V.:

I heard Mayas running down the stairs and a few seconds later she was standing in the kitchen looking adorable. Her little eyes still seemed sleepy and her hair was a little frizzy. Her cheeks were still red from the warmth of her bed.
"Good morning princess." I picked her up and smiled at her. "Mornin' Mama"  I could feel my heart flutter and a proud smile crept on my face. She snuggled herself closer to me and hid her face in the crook of my neck.
"Did you sleep good?" I asked her and she nodded.
"I'm glad to hear that. What do you want for breakfast?" "Can we have pancakes, mama?" I smiled and nodded. I'm pretty sure that just like Taylor yesterday I wouldn't be able to resist almost anything this adorable four year old asked me while calling me her mama.
"Do you want to help?" She nodded and looked at me excited.
We heard steps on the stairs and soon after Layla entered the kitchen. She was already fully dressed. "Good morning honey. How did you sleep?" I asked while walking over to her and hugging her with Maya still on my hip.
"It was good. Thank you for asking." Layla smiled and gave Maya a kiss on her cheek.
"Mama said we'd make pancakes do you wanna help?" Maya asked her and Layla gave me a look. "Sure."
And while we made the batter for the pancakes Maya was happily singing.
I had set her down on the counter and handed her the already weighed ingredients so she could put them into the bowl, before Layla mixed them.
"Can we go look for Lexi and mommy?" Maya asked and I looked at Layla.
"I'll bake the pancakes you two look for them." She said and I was about to shake my head but decided against it.
"If something is wrong just yell and if it starts burning just run away and yell. Don't go near the fire." I said while looking at her and she rolled her eyes before nodding.
I picked Maya up and walked up with her.
Maya opened the door to Alex's room but nobody was there.
"Maybe she's in the bathroom." I said to Maya who seemed sad that she didn't see her sister.
When we opened Taylors room we saw Taylor and Alex asleep.
Taylor held Alex close to her chest. Maya's eyes lit up.
"I'll wake them." She said and wriggled to put her down. "Okay but be careful to not hurt them." I set her down and she ran over to the bed.
She climbed up and started to shake them. They both rolled over a bit opening a little place right in between them and if course Maya slipped in there and cuddled herself into the two.
I could see Taylor opening her eyes.
"Morning Princess." She said while giving Maya a kiss on her head before smiling at me.
"Good morning mommy." Maya said while hugging her closer and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Mama, Lay and I made pancakes." I could see Taylors eyes getting wide before smiling at me. She gave Maya a kiss on her forehead and sat up.
"I'll be down soon and I'll wake your sister." She said while picking Maya up and sat her down on the ground.
Maya nodded and ran to me. Together with her I walked back to Layla and helped her finishing the pancakes.
"Mornin' " I heard a voice that sounded hoarse. I turned to the door and saw Taylor and right behind her a sleepy looking Alex but both of them were already dressed.
Maya and Layla were already sitting at the table and I was just putting the last few things on the table.
"Look Lexi. I helped Lay and Mama to make pancakes." Maya said.
Alex gave her a smile before yawning.
"Tired sunshine?" She nodded and gave me a smile.
I walked over to her and handed her a plate of pancakes. "Nightmare?" She nodded and looked down.
I gave her kiss on the top of her hair and squeezed her shoulder.
---------------------------------------------------------
1708 words

Happy Easter!