Chapter 9

We had just finished off cleaning after the breakfast when Taylor said we should play a game. This ended in us playing UNO as it was the only game Maya knew. After a few rounds I remembered that I had brought my school stuff to the park me as I had originally planned to go to the library afterwards and work on a project.
"Uhm I need to some things for school. I had planned on going to to the library yesterday so I brought it with me."
"Sure what do you need to do maybe we can help." Taylor was putting the cards away.
"It's a project we have to do for my philosophy class. We have to research a religion of our choice and write an essay. At least 10 pages." They nodded.
"Let's go upstairs you can work in my room. I have a laptop and everything up there to so you can research." Selena smiled at me and got up.
"And why don't we bake some cookies?" Taylor asked my sisters. "How do you bake them. We never made cookies?" Layla said. Taylor smiled at them. "I'll teach you. It'll be so much fun."
Selena and I left the kitchen.
"Did you choose a religion already?" Selena asked me while climbing up the stairs.
"No. I didn't have time to research yet." She nodded.
Back in her room she pulled a second chair to her desk and sat down.
"Sit down sunshine." She patted on the chair that belonged to the desk originally. She turned her laptop on and opened something called ecosia.
"What's that?" "It works like Google but the money they make from ads is used to plant trees." She explained.
"That's so cool. It's both useful and environmental friendly." She smiled at me.
"Let's get started any ideas?" "I thought about an african religion." So I just entered that in the bar.
Wikipedia gave us a list of some religions but one of it interested me. It was called Yoruba.
"That's sounds really interesting." I said looking at her. She nodded. "I agree it's totally different from what we are used to." "Yes. That's what I am going for."
"Well let's start researching." She said taking me by surprise. "You don't have to help me." "I want to. I'll help you do the research and we both take notes, than we print those and when ever you have time you can write it out."
"Thank you so much." "It's alright sunshine. What do you have to research?"
"Basics and definitions, Origins, Symbols, gods, holy script yes or no, conception of afterlife."
"I'll start with the basics. You do the origins alright?"
I nodded and we both started working.
Around noon we finished our research. In total we had 13 pages of research notes.
"I'll print them for you. Wait a second." I smiled at her. "Thank you."
She handed me a folder with papers. "There you go sunshine." I gave her another smile.
"Let's see how the cookies are coming together." We walked back downstairs in the kitchen to see Taylor and my sisters. In front of them tons of cookies.
And there were still some in the oven.
"What did happen here?" Selena asked.
"We baked. We've got Almond Cookies, Plain Sugar cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Triple Chocolate Cookies and the ones in the oven are with nuts."
"They are soooooo good" Maya ran towards us handed both of us a chocolate chip cookie.
I took a bite and she was right. "Those are amazing. I love them" Taylor smiled and Selena started laughing I looked at her. "What? I've never had such a good cookie." "I figured that. Your eyes started to sparkle." She said still laughing but taking a bite as well.
"As good as always Tay." She winked at her friend.
"It's around lunch time but I guess we should just make sandwiches and move in front of the TV to watch movies and eat cookies." Taylor said her eyes twinkling.
Maya jumped up and down. "Yes please."
"Why don't you go to the living room and think of a movie you want to see while we clean up and make sandwiches?" I asked her looking at Taylor to see if that's alright but she just nodded.
As soon as I said that she was running down the hallway.
The four of us finished cleaning up before making sandwiches for all of us.
When we entered the living room Maya was sitting on the couch. She was bouncing up and down.
"Can we see mulan? I only saw it once." And that's what we did for the rest of the day. Cuddling on the couch eating cookies and watching movies.
We watched Mulan and The little mermaid. All of those movies included singing from Maya which of course was adorable as always.

While we adored Maya she was having so much fun.
"Guys it's half past six. I think we should drive you home. It's about half an hour drive so your parents should be back than." Taylor said and we got up dressing in our own clothes and grabbing our stuff.
"Thank you so much for letting us stay here and borrowing us your clothes again." I said to the two of them.
"It's alright love."
During the car ride we listened to some of Selena's songs this time. I enjoyed her music just as I enjoyed Taylors.
"There we are your house. The car of your parents is there so they should be home." Taylor said as she stopped the car.
Fuck. They were still home. I had been so sure they'd be gone by now.
But we had to go inside now.
"Thanks for dropping us off." We walked over to th house and I pulled out the keys from my pants. I did fast enough so noone would see.
I acted like I would ring a bell but actually unlocked door so we entered our personal house of horror.
---------------------------------------------------------
1004