chapter26

Psstpsst. Well.... An update is better than none. Even if it's short . I guess

The young mizukage worked hard in his office alone. He did not notice that it is already near evening . He sighed as he puts down his pen  . "Ugh .....finally I can get some rest. " he stretched his arms. He was about to step out of the office but, something interrupted .

Intruders.  Having his guard up, the mizukage channels his chakra.  3.....2......1!  He turned over to the direction of the large window. He fires out water jutsu. It was meant to be a strong jutsu but, the intruders are kids!  The usual calming mizukage panicked , but fortunately he was fast enough to dispel it. 

"Stop right there—! Ouch! " Naruto jumped in but only to get tripped by the window frame. "Hn, baka " Sasuke laughed at him silently. "Are you all right Naruto-niichan? " Gaara on the other hand used his sand to carry him up. Gently, the sand helped naruto to stand.  "I am fine!  Tch, why isn't nii-san kind like Gaara. "  An irk popped on Sasuke's head. "What do you mean dobe! "  "yo please don't fight! " Bee tries to get in between them.

...... the mizukage was watching the whole thing, astonished. "Wha— *sigh* kids, don't you know what place this is? " Sasuke stares at him with a 'of course u idiot' face. "Why would we come in using this method if we don't know what place this is? " Naruto dusted himself clean before introducing . "Hey mizukage! My name is Uzumaki Naruto—" Sasuke gives him a bonk . "Baka! How can you scream your name out loud like that? Do you want to get caught?! " Afraid of his brother's glare, Naruto apologize quickly . "Pain pain go away~" bee pats naruto's bonked head.

Everyone introduced their names, origins and of course their reason to the mizukage, leaving him stunned for a few moments. "So... The hokage isn't joking... "He laughs nervously. "You guys are lucky that I denied their permit to search on my land" . Otherwise you all would get caught back by now.

"You'll join us, right? Rightttt?!" Fuu clings onto him with puppy eyes. The mizukage felt bad, but he don't have a choice. If he joins their journey, he will have to abandon his homeland. Gently he removes Fuu from him. "I'm sorry to dissapoint you kids, I cannot allow myself to leave this place. " 

"Eh why not? Isn't it boring staying here with these" Gaara points at the huge stacks of paperworks. T-that kid.. He's quiet but smart. Thought, the mizukage and weeped silently inside. "Don't look that sad.. " he pats their shoulders. "I may not aford to join you but I can help you with Intels, if you need of course. I'm the mizukage you know, don't underestimate me. "

"Since we're friends now... You guys may call me by my name. I'm karatachi yagura, it's pleasure meeting you" he bows. "Same here, yagura-san" Sasuke bows as well in return.

"He's a dependable kid, I guess I really underestimated him. " Roshi strokes his chin. "...roshi  , don't judge a book by it's cover.. " Han sighed.

An irk mark was formed on yagura's forehead.