23 - Condition

~3rd person~

"What sort of condition is she in?" Aiden asked anxiously. It was the next day, and Aiden and George were standing over Jamie, who was still relatively unconscious.

"I guess the only way to describe it is...alright." George replied, looking to see Aiden's reaction.

"Alright?" Aiden asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Yeah, she's not bad, but she's not too good either."

"Well, is she recovering?"

"I can't tell you, because I don't know what she'd be recovering from," George explained. "We really need to x-ray her."

"What are we supposed to do? Could we sneak her into a hospital?" Aiden suggested. This was kind of rock-bottom for Aiden; never had he had to ask someone else what to do. He should have been sad and angry, but he pushed those feeling aside temporarily. They could wait.

"Well, we're not supposed to move her, becuase of her back injury, but that may be the only way we can, unless you can think of something better."

"I'm drawing a blank." Again, this was also the first time Aiden had no idea what to do. He sighed.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go home and get some things. I'll be back in about and hour." George said, getting his car keys and leaving. Aiden didn't reply.

He sat down on the sofa beside Jamie. She was asleep. Aiden watched her, taking in the gentle sloping of her face, to the slenderness of her curves. Her black hair was flying everywhere, frizzy and knotted. As Aiden watched her, he was reminded of the last thing she said to him, "I love you.".

Does that mean she loved him?

More importantly, does Aiden love her back?

Aiden wasn't sure. He was never properly in love with someone. He loved Nicky and Jacks in a family way, but, like, they were family. How was he supposed to react? Aiden jumped when he realized he had been admiring her only a few minutes earlier. Aiden slowly drifted into the void of uncertainty, before he fell into a peaceful sleep.