20 - Escape (or is it?)

SPOILERS! THANK YOU!

(Just some background information. Basically, it's the same mission when Aiden was rescuing Nicky. He's guiding her to the car and avoiding fixers etc. You'll understand later in the chapter.)

~3rd person~

Aiden was driving to he waste water treating plant. It was very unoriginal that they'd use the same place twice to hold a hostage. Frankly, it was stupid. Aiden had already gotten Nicky out, so unless they had better fixers it would be a piece of cake.

Soon, he was outside the plant. He hacked into the cameras, and found Jamie. They held her in the same room as Nicky. They had a guard there too. Aiden quickly took the guard out with the junction box, and he saw Jamie cowering in the corner. He'd never seen her so...insecure. It was weird for such a happy person to be so vulnerable. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts and called the guards phone. It rang and Aiden saw Jamie creep towards it with uncertainty. She picked up.

"Jamie, it's me." Aiden said, as calm as he could.

"Aiden! Are you getting me out of here?" 

"Yes, but you have to do exactly what I say."

"...Okay."

"Get the gun."

"Why?"

"Just in case." Aiden saw her get the gun and release the safety catch. She looked like she knew how to use a gun. Aiden assumed she did. He couldn't waste anymore time.

"Okay, go out the door. Immediately turn left and hide behind the crate." She went and did so.

"Fuck, Aiden! There's a guy going by! He's gonna see me!" She whispered hurriedly into the phone.

"No, he's not. When he turns around run over to the crate."

"Aiden?" She asked while running between hiding spots.

"What?" He replied, his voice soft.

"Where am I running to?" She asked sheepishly.

Aiden chuckled. "The car, silly."

"Oh right. That makes sense."

"You're almost there."

Aiden was waiting just outside the plant. He could see Jamie run towards the car, when suddenly she stopped. The world slowed. Aiden saw the bullet pass through her, from her back going all the way through out her chest. Her eyes widened, then she relaxed. She swayed slightly, and whispered three words Aiden would never forget before she crumpled to the ground in a heap.

"I love you."

A/N: I'm sorry. I really am. But don't worry! The story's not over yet!