6 - Police

"Hello? Oh- oh my God!" I gasped. All outside in the hallway were policemen. Lots and lots of policemen.

"Excuse me, miss. May I come in?" A cute looking police officer asked. 

"Uh, sure." I replied. I was panicking. Why were police at my house? Did I break the law and not notice? I frowned. The cute looking policeman came in followed by a stream of more police men with guns. They stationed themselves around the house while the cute one sat on the sofa.

"I'm Sergeant Cubbins. And you are?" He asked, smiling. 

"I'm Jamie Chester. Why are you in my house?" I asked suspiciously.

"We are aware that the vigilante Aiden Pearce was in you house. Did you know this?"

...

What am I supposed to do?! Do I say no and protect Aiden or do I say yes?

"Wait, hold up a minute. You're saying Aiden Pearce was in my house?" I'm stalling. Stalling for what though?

"Yes. Yesterday we received a call from Mrs. Watts who lives two floors below you saying Aiden Pearce jumped from your bedroom window onto her balcony. He then jumped from her balcony onto the road." Cubbins explained. Oh. So that's how Aiden got down. All of a sudden, my phone rang.

"Do you mind if I take this?" I asked Cubbins. He nodded in response before I stepped out into the hall. There was no caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked.

"What have you said to them?" The voice asked. I knew that voice.

"To who exactly?" I asked. "Who are you?"

"Aiden. What have you said to the police?" Aiden asked. 

"I havn't said anything yet. They were telling me what happened." 

"Tell them you had no idea anything happened."

"Uh, okay." A mischievous grin crept across my face. "What do I get in return?"

I could hear him sigh. "I'll think of something later. I'll call you when they're gone." He hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket before returning to my apartment.

"Who was that?" Cubbins asked.

"Uh, my boyfriend." I replied. Well. Lying to the police. 

"What was he calling you about?" 

"Um, we're going out to dinner tomorrow night and he was just making sure I could still come."

"Alright. So you didn't know Aiden Pearce was in your house?"

"No. It- it kinda creeps m out, y'know? That he could have been in my house without me knowing..." Those acting skillz tho!

"I know, I know. Do you mind if we search your house?" Cubbins said.

"Go ahead. Can I leave when you're doing that? I have some things to do." I replied, thinking of getting away from them so Aiden can call me.

"That's fine. We'll be gone by the time you get back." I was already gone.

 A/N: Guys you have no idea how happy I am that you like this. Seriously. It just makes me so happy I can't even express it. Thank you so much. xxx