Epilogue

Spoilers, but if you've come this far I'm assuming you've finished the game and know how it ends.

It was all over now. Everything was over. Aiden had killed Damien, Jordi had tried to kill Aiden, and Nicky and Jacks were gone. 

It was safe to say Aiden had no one left in his life. Jamie was dead, Nicky and Jacks were somewhere else, Jordi was off doing what Jordi does in his free time, Damien was dead (if that counts) and George was living in the city, getting his degree. 

It was good, killing Damien. It felt insanely good. But Jordi kinda ruined it by trying to kill Aiden. But it all worked out, in the end, except for Jamie being dead. Aiden blamed himself for that, but that's just the way Aiden is. 

It was hard, to say the least. Knowing that the person you loved was dead and gone. But Aiden got through it, somehow. And the wound she had left was beginning to heal, slowly. Aiden knew he would never love someone the same again, but that was alright. She lived on, in Aiden's memories. 

As good as that sounds, that doesn't mean Aiden doesn't get the flashbacks. The blinding moments when all he can see is her; when he can hear her voice. When he sees her walking beside him, holding his hand. Her smile. Her hair. She was the same as she was before she died. These crushing moments destroyed Aiden, even though he enjoyed them. He loved seeing her again, an every time he begged her to stay, but every time she would leave, reminding Aiden she was gone, and would never really be back. 

She would come and go, when and where she wanted. She could turn up in the street, or in a shop, or walking along the road picking flowers. Once Aiden even saw her riding a dirt bike outside town. Sometimes, Aiden would come to his senses and realize that he was imagining her, but then he would fall into a deep hole of sadness. Usually she would come then, and make him feel better. Aiden knew, in the back of his mind that he needed help. But seeing, hearing, talking to her was better, and easier. Frankly, Aiden didn't want to 'wake up'. He wanted to stay with her.

In the few months after everything died down, the police were mystified to find that almost all of the Fox's criminal activity had stopped. There were no chases, no raids, no fast cars racing around town. If anything, Chicago was almost too quiet without the sirens and the news reporters running around. 

Aiden was happy, with her. Even if she wasn't real. Even if Aiden needed professional help. He was happy, and so was she.

A/N: It's over. I didn't intend for it to turn out like this, but whatever. I apologize if you didn't realize this was the end, but there was nowhere else for this story to go. I won't be writing a sequel (but I might do a little one-shot kinda thing, idk, no promising anything) but I'll still be active and answering comments and whatnot. I cannot thank all of you enough. You have given so much support, and it's been great fun writing this story, thanks to you. I love you all, have a wonderful day! <3