12 - Company

Aiden was dropping me home, after our 'date'. We were in the lobby of my apartment block.

"Thank you for taking me out, Aiden." I said.

"No thank you's. I did this so we could be even." He replied, shooting me down a little bit. However, I was unfazed.

"Still, thank you." I said, reaching up and kissing his cheek. I turned around and walked away up the stairs to my apartment before he could respond. If I had stayed and watched him I would have seen the faint blush I left on his cheeks.

I had just reached the door of my apartment when a man came and leant against the wall beside me. He had a navy hat with a goatee and a strange brace around his leg.

"Do you know who that guy you were with is?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"...Who are you?" I asked uncertainly. This guy looked...dodgy.

"Do you know who he is? Because I do. He's dangerous. Someone like you shouldn't be with him."

I responded with silence. What are you supposed to say to that anyway?

"He's done some nasty things." He continued.

"How do you know him?" I shooted back.

"We're...partners in crime."

"Wha- what?!" I thought Aiden worked alone?

"Mmm, you don't know what you're dealing with, do you?" 

By now I was thoroughly confused. Who is this guy? How does he know Aiden? 

"You tell him about our meeting." He persisted.

"Can I at least get your name?" I said, face full of spite.

"Damien. " He said as he walked away.

A/N: Holy shit guys. I woke up today and checked the views, and it had gone up by like 50 views in one day. Thank you! I also want to add that this story won't be too long. Don't worry, though, the end isn't for a while yet!