2 - Sightings

I stared at the camera. It seemed to stare back, if that were possible. We had a mini staring compitition, until the camera looked away, and the light seemed to die from its mechanical eye, which doesn't make sense I know...

The rumbling of the bus along the road snapped me out of my trance. The bus stopped in front of me, and I was climbing on when I looked behind me, and saw the tail of a coat flapping around a corner. Curiousity got the better of me and I clambered off the bus, to the corner where the coat was. I could just barely hear a sound of footsteps running across the concrete ot the sidewalk.

I peeked around the corner, and saw nothing but an empty street with your normal drunks and homeless people on the street. I walked into an alley, obviously forgetting what happened the last time in I was in an alley. After walking for a few minutes, I came across a dead end, in the form of a chain-link fence. Almost at the end of the alley, too! It was only the dark figure I saw running across the street and into a store that gave me the motivation to try to jump the fence. The first time I jumped I missed completely and fell on my ankle and I had to stop and wait until the burning stopped. The second time I managed to get over it, but I fell flat on my face, leaving a nasty bruise. So much for wanting to look pretty. Well, at least I jumped the fence, right?

I ran across the street and into the shop I had seen the mysterious figure run into, a cosy little 24 hour coffee shop. When I came in, there was no sign of the person I was following. I looked around, seeing some customers drinking coffee. I strided up to the girl  at the cashier.

"Did a guy come running in here?" I asked, a little out of breath.

"Uh, no, why?" The girl asked, looking me up and down. I could tell she was judging me.

"Uh, never mind. Do you have a back entrance?" I asked on a whim.

"That's staff only, you can't-" She started saying before I pushed past her into the staff area, where I found an exit.

I was in ANOTHER dark alleyway at like 12 o' clock at night. And to make matters worse, I had lost whoever I was following. I sighed.

"Fuck! I missed the last bus as well!" I muttered under my breath. I crossed my arms and pouted. 

I was about to storm away and walk home when an arm was put aound my neck from behind. "Y'know, you're very cute when you're angry," a (sexy) gravelly voice whispered in my ear, before a rag was place over my mouth and I blacked out.