Opening Up

Lazerbeak continues to chirp but zoning out I focus on what's behind the hallways door. Adjusting my audials I can barley hear what sounds like echoing blaster fire. Were the bots here? But it could also be vehicons messing around or that there was target practice going on.

 Lazerbeak chirps and I jolt surprised ears ringing. Adjusting my volume setting and looking at them they had burrowed under the blankets making a nest. Looking back at me they chirp flapping their wings and shift making room. They wanted me to join.

 Chuckling at them, Lazerbeak peaks out and grabbing my sweatshirt hood drags me under the blankets. Laughing and objecting they begin using their bird like beak to tickle me under the covers. 

 "N-no! No! Hey!" I protest wiggling around. They let out a happy chirp before settling down and wrapping their wings around me, nuzzling into my neck. Smiling up at them I give them a scratch listening as their machinery hums.

 Closing my eyes leaning against them I feel their beak begin tstaring.bacth and preen my hair. Liking the feeling and getting relaxed the door suddenly bursts open. 

 Looking up from their preening Lazerbeaks met with several glaring autobots. Lazerbeak chirps getting in front of me.

 "(Y/N)!" Looking at Arcee the femme looked concerned before her denta grit. "Let them go con scum!" She hissed.

 Lazerbeak in attack mode sent some warning shots before wrapping a wire around my waist. Making sure I'm tightly secured they take off holding me against them.

 "(Y/N)!" Arcee shouts. Looking down at her she holds her arm trying to reach out but she's unable too. Getting further away her arm transforms into a blaster and she takes aim. Sparks fly from Lazerbeak as singed metal fills the air. Lazerbeak chirps wrapping their wings tightly around me before we both crash. I black out as servos wrap around me. 

~~~

I woke up in the autobot base. My arm was open and dented and I was on one of Ratchets workspace. I didn't know that at the time and began to panic. Thankfully Optimus was able to come in and calm me down before I hurt someone or myself.

 That was a couple hours ago.

 Fixing up my now broken arm after the Nemesis incident I ignored the kids staring and tinkered carefully with the delicate circuitry. The con sweatshirt had been ripped so I'd taken it off and was curentully using it to keep my arm on a level surface as I worked. Small tings and clicks were heard as I hissed every so often. The occasional curse slips past my lips as I flinch at getting shocked. 

  Fuck Mech circuitry. It was so glitchy and Knockout hadn't done a scan for me in years. It was patchwork at this point and I wasn't sure how long patchwork would keep the prosthetic functioning.

 Everything's silent and it's suffocating. None of the bots are talking and other tha Ratchets typing there's no noise. Swallowing as I begin loosening a screw my entire arm flinches getting energon on the floor. Blinking back tears at the pain I continue screwing trying to make it stop. 

   Miko opens her mouth but pauses when she sees my shaking hands. There are tears in my eyes and it sucks. This sucks...

  I don't want pity. I don't want a lecture. I don't want whatever the autobots are trying to give me right now. Saftey? A home? Friendship? Pity? It all felt so fake. Miko and Bulkhead were friends. Jack and Arcee were close. Rad and Bumblebee were practically siblings. What was I doing wrong? Why couldn't I do anything right? Was I just broken goods? 

 This wasn't a home. This wasn't right. I felt trapped here. I felt like every time I tried to do something right it turned out wrong. But... The cons... Both situations were so unhealthy. Both didn't make any sense. What was I doing?