01. Watch Your Back, Grayson

01. WATCH YOUR BACK, GRAYSON

After his phone pinged for the fourth time in a row, Aiden sighed in annoyance and yanked the device from out of his pocket to respond to the texts.

Kyle: Where the hell are you?? We're all waiting...

Kyle: This is so unprofessional, Aiden. Honestly.

Kyle: You're making the company look bad!

Aiden: Oh my Godddd STOP WHINING

Aiden: I'm literally walking your way now.

It was a miracle that Aiden came to work this morning, considering how wild his weekend had been. From sunrise to sunset, he partied and consumed more alcohol than what he should have. Aiden liked to go big or go home when it came to having fun, so it wasn't much of a surprise when he woke up this morning with a massive hangover and an aching body.

Regardless of how chaotic the weekend had been, there was always business to handle. Had it not been for Kyle's incessant calls and texts about the meeting that was taking place today, Aiden would still be fast asleep in his California King lying next to what's-her-face.

"I need good news." On his way to the boardroom, Aiden stopped to speak to the pretty secretary that worked the floor. "Please tell me the meeting has already begun."

"I'm afraid it hasn't, Mr. Grayson. They're all still waiting on you," Davina replied. "Shall I ping them to let them know you've arrived?"

"I guess," Aiden grumbled. "Fuck. Now I'll have to sit through the whole damn thing."

Being the owner of the building, Aiden didn't bother to knock after reaching the boardroom. He instead barged inside like he was the police, lazily acknowledging his guests with a simple nod before taking a seat at the head of the long conference table.

"Let's get this party started." Aiden plastered on a fake smile while straightening his sunglasses. His sensitive eyes couldn't handle how bright it'd been outside, and the blinding lights in the building were an even bigger pain to deal with. "I'd like to get through this as quickly as possible," Aiden said to Kyle, his brother and business partner. "I have other places to be this morning."