18. Petty

18. PETTY

The Next Morning

"I'm really sorry for shoving you yesterday. I don't know what came over me," Aiden whispered.

"It's fine. I'm over it," Julian muttered, hugging Aiden from behind. They were half-awake and still in Julian's bedroom, neither of them in a rush to get up and get ready for the new day.

"Everything that Price told me kind of shook me up. And then having to see all those pictures of that crazy bitch, learning more about the baby, it just..." Aiden sighed, not wanting to reflect back on what all he uncovered yesterday. "It got to me. And on top of that, none of what Price uncovered explains why she's after to me. It's almost like we're back to square one."

"I wish I could take your pain and frustrations away. I hate seeing you like this," Julian said as Aiden turned around to face him. Hickeys painted Aiden's neck and chest, and Julian could do nothing but blush in knowing that he was the reason for them being there.

"What's that weird look for?" Aiden smiled lazily, eyeing Julian in a confused manner.

"Nothing," Julian chuckled, bringing his eyes back to Aiden's. "Since Price bitched out on us, I was thinking that we could drop by Clarissa's ex's place. We could talk to him and see what he has to say for ourselves. And maybe we can get Clayton or Joshua to watch over his house, just in case she pops up there again. What do you think?"

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Aiden moved to climb on top of Julian, kissing him softly on the lips. "I think Clayton will be a good candidate for the job. That way, we won't have to put up with him around here for a while."

"I can't believe you're still going on about him." Julian laughed. "I don't like him! Trust me, you don't have anything to worry about. I'm all yours, baby."

"I like the sound of that," Aiden smirked, gliding one hand underneath the covers. "Say it again..."

Before Julian could speak, both men froze in place after they heard Kyle's voice coming from up the stairs.

"Shit! What the hell is he doing here?" Aiden jumped up from the bed in a hurry to put his clothes on, not wanting to get caught by his brother but also to see what he wanted at this time in the morning.

Meanwhile, Julian remained in bed and looked completely unfazed by Kyle being just a few feet away from him and Aiden.

"You gonna get dressed, or...?" Aiden said to Julian.

"Because your brother is here?" Julian replied in a nonchalant tone as he sat up in bed, stretching.

"Yeah, that's precisely why!" Aiden exclaimed in a panic. "He can't catch us like this. I have enough shit on my plate and I don't need him finding out that--"