25. Talk Of The Town

25. TALK OF THE TOWN

Aiden and Cassie were currently the talk of the town.

It hadn't been forty-eight hours since they were photographed at Bruno's restaurant and already various stories about Aiden Grayson and his ′hot new mystery′ woman were popping up in numerous magazines and blogs.

"They captured my bad side in nearly all these photos!" Cassie shook her head in disappointment as she scrolled through an article on her cell phone written about her and Aiden. "I wonder how long until they find out I'm a Leo," she said jokingly. "Or better yet, find out my name."

"I'll do my best to keep that from happening." Aiden sat next to her on his couch. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry about everything that's happening. I should've warned you that the press would be all over you after they caught us out together. I really hope this won't mess anything up with your job back home."

"When I go back home my boss will probably be the first to ask what it was like to hang out with someone like you. Everyone at the office will be so surprised to hear that I have celebrity friends." Cassie smirked at Aiden. "But I actually can't wait to rub this in Rachel's face."

Aiden laughed. "Who's Rachel?"

"A bitch who thinks the world revolves around her." Cassie rolled her eyes at the thought of the brunette snob. Mean girls didn't only exist in high school, they followed you into the workplace as well. "Fun fact: she has the biggest crush on you. She's like your number one fangirl back at the office."

"Don't let Julian hear you say that," Aiden laughed. "Speaking of which, it shouldn't take him this long to bring back breakfast. Did he say anything to you about making any extra stops before he left this morning?"

"No," Cassie replied. "But you shouldn't get all anxious about it. He's probably on his way back and... Hey, wait! Don't call him!" she said just as Aiden went to pull out his cell phone. "God, do you need a glass of water to quench your thirst or what?"

"What? I'm not acting thirsty." Aiden slid his phone back into his pocket, now trying to play it cool. "I'm just being a concerned boyfriend, okay? I have the right to feel anxious when it takes someone half an hour to go out and get breakfast."

"Look, wherever he is and whatever it is that's holding him up, Julian is a big boy. You and I both know that he can take good care of himself," Cassie said while staring a little too hard at Aiden, a man that had swooped her best friend off his feet. "You know, I've been watching you and Julian pretty closely ever since I got here and it amazes me how close you two have become in such a short amount of time. It's so..." Cassie paused, trying to find the right words. "You two are just so..."

"So what? Spit it out, blondie." Aiden snapped his fingers in front of Cassie's face, causing her to gather her lost thoughts. "It's rare that you run out of words to say."