32. Check In

32. CHECK IN

"My name is Aiden Grayson. I have a reservation set that I'd like to extend by a couple of days, if possible," Aiden said to the concierge who – after taking off his shades to get a better look at the girl – just so happened to be a petite and busty ginger with bright green eyes and a bashful smile. Aiden glanced at her nametag and smiled. "Can you do that for me, Michelle?"

Michelle blushed and then absentmindedly placed a hand over her nametag as Aiden's eyes began to wander. He was undoubtedly the hottest man she'd ever laid eyes on, and that was saying a lot because plenty of celebrities passed through this hotel on the regular, but she'd yet to see a man as dazzling as Aiden Grayson.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Aiden knew what the woman was thinking – or for a better term, fantasizing about – just from the star-struck look on her face. This wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last, that he looked someone in the eyes and left them speechless. He just had that effect on people. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"I-I'm not startled." Michelle's cheeks reddened as she turned away from Aiden and with much effort, walked over to the computer to dig up his information. Her hands were shaking slightly as she typed on the keyboard. "Did you bring any company with you, Mr. Grayson? Are you here alone?"

"I won't be for much longer," Aiden muttered under his breath, walking towards the end of the desk to where Michelle stood. "How long have you been working here, Michelle?"

"Just over two years," she answered, not making eye contact. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curious." Aiden smiled, resting his arms on the desk as he eyed the timid concierge intently. He was only toying with the poor girl. She was making it so easy for him to get under her skin. Plus, he needed to do something to keep himself occupied until Julian arrived. Aiden didn't know how long he'd be out messing around with Cassie. "How old are you?"

"Old enough." Michelle finally turned around to see Aiden staring at her and when their eyes locked, she almost forgot how to breathe. "I-I was unable to pull up anything under your name. Are you sure you're the one who made the reservation here?"

"Sorry, you should try Julian McAndrew instead. He made the reservation," Aiden replied, leaning over the desk. "Why are you so jumpy, Michelle? Do I make you nervous?"

The girl turned away from him with quickness, purposely not answering his question because she was sure that he already knew the answer. As she did a new search for Julian's name, she couldn't help but wonder if she were dreaming or if this beautiful man was seriously flirting with her. It couldn't possibly be the latter, could it?

"I do see that a weekend reservation's been made under the name Julian McAndrew," Michelle said. "Unless you're him, which you aren't, I won't be able to set you up in a room until you supply some type of identification. It's hotel policy."