24. Out In Public

24. OUT IN PUBLIC

It's been weeks since Aiden was released from the hospital after falling ill with alcohol poisoning.

With all the bullshit currently circling him – Clarissa still being out there on the loose, Aiden being removed as CEO from Grayson Enterprise, Kyle weaseling his way in and taking his spot, Thomas being nonchalant about the whole thing - he didn't have much of a reason to leave home.

In the end, however, Aiden could admit that there truly was never a dull moment in his messy life. Still, despite everything that had happened recently, his feelings for Julian continued to grow. Aiden continued to battle with himself about when the right time was, if any, for him to come out and let the world know, his family know, just who he really was on the inside.

Aiden was beyond ready to stop hiding in his too-quiet-of-a-mansion; he was ready to start living his life again, rather than let his troubles get him down. So, when Cassie suggested that the three of them go out for lunch today, Aiden didn't object to the idea. Julian, on the other hand, was having second thoughts about it.

Even though he could use some fresh air, he also knew that he wouldn't be entirely comfortable in the way that he wanted to be with Aiden, not while they were out in public.

Things have changed dramatically since his first day here. Julian and his boss have gotten closer to one another, emotionally and physically. Having to fake like he didn't feel anything towards Aiden whenever they were around other people didn't bother him in the beginning. But, as their relationship progressed, it was really starting to take a toll on Julian. More than he had anticipated.

He didn't like the fact that he had become one person with Aiden at home and then another person when they were out in public. It was becoming bothersome, tiresome, even though he told Aiden time and time again that he'd wait on him; that he wouldn't push him to come out, that he would respect his limits and be patient with him.

Julian had finally begun to realize just how hard it was having to live up to his word.

"Holy shit! My face is going to be plastered on every magazine back in New York," Cassie muttered to Julian and Aiden as the three of them shielded their faces from the paparazzi cameras while they made their way into Bruno's - an Italian restaurant. "The world's probably going to think I'm your girlfriend now, Aiden. My friends back home are going to flip—"

"Zip it, Cass." Julian nudged his friend. "Your voice carries."

The trio was promptly greeted by a peppy hostess once they made it inside the restaurant. When her eyes caught glimpse of Aiden, when she recognized who he was, they widened in shock. The girl's reaction was almost laughable to the group, but they kept it professional; at least Julian and Aiden did, Cassie tried to hold back her giggle but it didn't work.

"Give us a private table in the back, preferably one away from the windows," Julian spoke to the hostess. "I assume you know who Mr. Grayson is. His privacy is very important to him, so it'd be great if he could stay out of the spotlight for just an hour or so. Understand where I'm coming from?"